How To: Upgrade interior Lights by steven (Page 2 of 2)

jonjon77
lve just put some of this lights in and l think they look good.l need to find some that fit the lights in the boot.

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 21:09 #21 

MrB
jonjon77 wrote:lve just put some of this lights in and l think they look good.l need to find some that fit the lights in the boot.

Me too Jon.

Love the bright white light.

There are festoon bulbs with the same type of LED (Light Emitting Diode) on eBay but am not sure exactly which to go for either. Was thinking for the number plate light as well as boot and glove box.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 28 Jun 2010, 13:38 #22 

DJAndyB
Just rec'd my leds and fitted them.

They look good however one of the six is yellow in colour and another one doesn't work.

A good easy mod to do tho.

Andy

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 19:08 #23 

Mick
(Site Admin)
DJAndyB wrote:Just rec'd my leds and fitted them.

They look good however one of the six is yellow in colour and another one doesn't work.

A good easy mod to do tho.

Andy

Don't know about the yellow one but I had to do a lot of plugging and unplugging of the bulbs to get them to all work satisfactorily even so one of them appeared to have failed a couple of days after initial fitting. A bit more plugging, unplugging and wiggling about and it has been working ever since.

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 19:27 #24 

SpongeBob
One thought on the 'not working' maybe because the are LED's and that an LED is a diode which is a one-way-circuit in electricity terms, perhaps there is a 'right' and 'wrong' way to insert them into the contacts? Assuming the connectors are not universal then on a filament bulb it wont matter which way you plug it in as the electrons will flow through the lamp regardless but in a diode they can only flow one way. Just a thought.

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 21:41 #25 

Bernard
SpongeBob wrote:One thought on the 'not working' maybe because the are LED's and that an LED is a diode which is a one-way-circuit in electricity terms, perhaps there is a 'right' and 'wrong' way to insert them into the contacts? Assuming the connectors are not universal then on a filament bulb it wont matter which way you plug it in as the electrons will flow through the lamp regardless but in a diode they can only flow one way. Just a thought.

They do indeed only work one way round. I only got one out of 6 the right way first time.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 21:46 #26 

DJAndyB
I'll go and check that out in a mo - any excuse to go out and sit in the car in the new lighting!

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 21:53 #27 

DJAndyB
Yep had it the wrong way around, now sorted!

They look damn good, just need to see if there's an equivalent bulb for the tourer boot space lamp.

Cheers

Andy

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 22:01 #28 

MrB
I got the festoons off of Mantianak from the club site and fitted them in the glovebox and number plates.

Quite difficult to get them aiming where you want them to, mine light up the road behind the car as much as the number plate.

The saloon boot lamp in mine takes a bulb very similar to a tail light bulb - not found an LED for that yet.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 27 Jul 2010, 22:11 #29 

weeman
I've got the led's inside as well as the sidelights, anyone know how to post a video from the phone and I'll post my rather nifty interior ones working :geek:

Posted 23 Jul 2011, 21:24 #30 

starbug2
Mick put in 5 watt bulbs in mine (thank you) and i find them a lot better than stranded and no plans yet to change . led's do look interesting though

Posted 24 Jul 2011, 07:24 #31