How to repair motor driven fuel flap by Trebor

Trebor
I went to the garage this morning to get some diesel and the fuel flap would not open with the car unlocked so had to effect a sharpish repair

I suspected that the solenoid had failed as the car has now done 197,000 miles and must have been opened and closed via the solenoid numerous times.

So next step was to take a look and results are below:

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Mar 2021, 21:28 #1 

MrDoodles
An excellent "How-to" as always Rob! :thumbsup:

Posted 12 Mar 2021, 10:05 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Rob.
Nice clear how to, as already stated if you ever need any O-rings drop me a message as i have lots of different size ones, it may even be a wise idea to check and replace said O-ring for owners, as a preventive measure.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 Mar 2021, 11:42 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Hi Rob
Excellent How To.

Posted 13 Mar 2021, 15:50 #4 

Bermudan 75
:iagree:

Posted 14 Mar 2021, 00:16 #5 

Trebor
Thanks to Bernard for pointing out that there is no solenoid in the fuel flap, it is motor driven, I wont amend the post now as it will mean redoing the pictures, and the how to is still relevant ,but wanted it to be techinically correct, I cannot amend the title but Mick can do when he reads this to maybe just " How to repair motor driven fuel flap " Thanks to Bernard for pointing it out
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Mar 2021, 10:20 #6 

Trebor
Thanks for amending title Mick
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 15 Mar 2021, 21:19 #7