Heart pacemaker by loz1971

loz1971
Anybody on here got one, or know anybody who has?? my dad has just had one fitted, and with him being so far away from me (he lives in the far north of Scotland!!) I can't help but be worried!!

Any advice will be appreciated.ImageImageImageImageImage
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 05 Aug 2010, 19:09 #1 

raistlin
A colleague at work has one.

It gave him a new lease of life.

He's never had a problem with it in nearly 3 years of having it fitted.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 05 Aug 2010, 19:27 #2 

Zeb
loz1971 wrote:Anybody on here got one, or know anybody who has?? my dad has just had one fitted, and with him being so far away from me (he lives in the far north of Scotland!!) I can't help but be worried!!

Any advice will be appreciated.ImageImageImageImageImage

Almost certainly the best thing to happen to him for years! :D Methinks they can make a huge difference as Paul says...

Posted 05 Aug 2010, 20:13 #3 

Ragman
Neighbour of mine had one fitted - complete transformation, said hadn't felt so good for years

Posted 05 Aug 2010, 21:23 #4 

DeuxGazoles
Larry it's really nowt to worry about ;) I know very little about them but I know someone who's got one & it made a huge improvement
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 07:40 #5 

loz1971
Thanks guy's, I'm not feeling as worried now. :) :)
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 23:45 #6 

Scribbler47
:D Hi Loz, as said I also have a pacemaker and haven't felt so good for years.
Relax my friend, as a back-up to eliminate irregular heartbeat, (palpitations; fibrillation etc.) they're superb and they also have a 10 year battery now. :lol:
My next replacement will be after the second ablation, to be my only signal for a heartbeat not simply as back-up. The alternative is far more worrying. :panic:
With mechanical heart valves, only one kidney and internal bypass grafts I now consider myself "bionic." ;) but hey show me a good loking woman and stand by your beds. :nurse: Seriously; your Dad will be so much better and safer with a modern pacemaker take it from one who knows. :D Mike.

Posted 10 Aug 2010, 01:42 #7 

Beejay
Hi all, Have not got a pacemaker, but last August i had a new Aortic Valve (pigs tissue)and one bypass and yes it was worrying for my wife and family but I am better health wise. All was done a Papworth. Couldn't have been in better hands.

Barry

Posted 10 Aug 2010, 10:48 #8 

MrB
I can't comment with regard to a pacemaker but can say that, my Dad had bypass surgery over 10 years ago and, although it was very stressful for us all at the time, he is so much better for it now. Looked so ill and in so much pain after the op, but once it had all healed and settled down he was soon back to the man I rememebered from my youth. Full of energy.

I am sure your father feels the same way as many have commented before me. It will give him a new lease of life, once everything has settled down.

I can understand your worry, but I'm sure you'll feel much better and see an im provement the first time you get to meet.

Lucky man to live up in the North of Scotland, quite possibly my favourite part of this world.

Chris
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 10 Aug 2010, 13:35 #9 

Tootall
Beejay wrote: All was done a Papworth. Couldn't have been in better hands.

Thats the village that i live in :thumbsup:
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 11 Aug 2010, 17:24 #10