Hans Clock - Help...... by greeners

greeners
I've fitted a Hans clock to a BMW MKIII sat nav unit and have got the following problems.

Well I've fitted mine to a BMW MKIII unit, and I have 2 minor problems.

Date

I can set the date in the settings screen and it appears along with the time at the bottom.

However, as soon as I turn the car off and lock it and leave it, when I get back in the date has gone (time is still there and correct) and when you go into the set up screen, it's back at 01 01 00 checked the battery and it's at 3v

ETA

Struggling to get this to work. It's been suggested that using Navcoder to change the temperature display first can do it, but alas no joy.

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 08:28 #1 

SpongeBob
Without knowing the ins-and-outs of the unit could it be that you've got a duff unit? Are they easily interchangeable into another car to test if it is either your SatNav or the Hans clock unit where the problem lies?

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 10:30 #2 

JohnDotCom
As you have checked the battery it could be faulty, have you checked the current rather than just the voltage of battery?
Not seen one fitted to a Mk3 only the Mk4, is it remembering the time ok?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 12:36 #3 

greeners
JohnDotCom wrote:As you have checked the battery it could be faulty, have you checked the current rather than just the voltage of battery?
Not seen one fitted to a Mk3 only the Mk4, is it remembering the time ok?

John

time is fine....it's that the date disappears.

I've bought a new battery so I'll put that in.

I think ETA will only work on the MKIV, unless someone else know different.

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 15:10 #4 

Ragman
Still have not got round to fitting mine - so 'fraid I can't help, if I get the car back next weekend I may have a go then

Posted 20 Jun 2010, 16:09 #5 

Mintman
A T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) session resetting the satnav will probably help.

Posted 22 Jun 2010, 08:15 #6 

greeners
Mintman wrote:A T4 session resetting the satnav will probably help.

I can't see what T4 will do as it can only enable Highline, which mine had from the factory. Hans did it because his was added in afterwards.

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 04:53 #7 

Duncan
I had a different response from my Rover Mk3. I only get the day of the week, and then not always.

Not had the time to investigate so far, unfortunatley. It also did something oddd the other day and seemed to be one day in advance. It's now back to normal.

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 06:51 #8 

Ragman
greeners wrote:
Mintman wrote:A T4 session resetting the satnav will probably help.

I can't see what T4 will do as it can only enable Highline, which mine had from the factory. Hans did it because his was added in afterwards.

Speaking to Nick up at Austins last weekend, he 's seen on a number of occasions factory fit hi-lines responding better after being reset via a T4 - he does not understand why it should though

Posted 23 Jun 2010, 17:10 #9 

greeners
Well I've put a new cell in and the date appears, after 10 minutes (give or take)

I think my car could do with a T4 session any way, it probably hasn't seen one for years

Posted 25 Jun 2010, 21:07 #10 

Mintman
I got the problem when adding Hans clock there was no date & time. resetting the Highline nav through a T4 was the fixing issue.( have a BMW MK4 & a BMW BM24 radio module)

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 17:30 #11 

Duncan
Will give the reset a go (though via a T1 not a T4, if I have permission to try) and give feedback when I do....

Posted 26 Jun 2010, 19:49 #12 

greeners
Well, little update....the date is there more often then not now.......I've stopped manually setting it, so I'm just going to leave it and see what happens.

Posted 01 Jul 2010, 04:42 #13