Good old Halfrauds by raistlin

raistlin
I ordered a couple of items via the Halfrauds web site today. Went through all the procedure of checking where my local store was and up it came with a reference number and an assurance that my items would be ready for collection in an hour.

I'm not keen on going to Halfrauds at the best of times but at the weekends it is even worse, trying to thread your way through the hoards of wannabe boy racers to a place where you can keep an eye on the car in case they put their grubby mitts on it.

Must admit though it was amusing to hear how their blinged up roller skates would walk all over the S Type :lol: In fact, one particularly learned kiddy came out with "stands to reason dunnit? my exhaust is bigger than both of those on that thing" He was partially correct, of course. His exhaust was so big, the only thing bigger was his ego and his gob :lol:

Anyway, I digress. I handed the assistant the printout with my reference number on it and she disappeared for 5 minutes, returning and stating that they had none of the items apparently set aside for me. I questioned this, reminding her of the online procedure where they confirm stock at the desired location.

She had the answer though:- "Oh they always say that. They never actually do a stock check. It's just a way of getting customers into the store in the hope they'll buy more than they intended."

I have applied to Halfrauds for compensation for my complete and utter waste of time, effort and fuel.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 04 Jul 2015, 18:16 #1 

MN190
Their ebay shop seems to be better than their own website.
Free delivery on orders over a certain value
My item was delivered next day and they text the phone to let me know the delivery was coming that day :)

Posted 04 Jul 2015, 19:44 #2 

PaulT
I always feel sorry for car owners when I see one of their 'technicians' working on a car.

The north has Motor World, do not know if they are better than Halfrauds but certainly an opening for a knowledgeable national motor chain.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 04 Jul 2015, 20:14 #3 

raistlin
It appears that my local store don't know their own stocks. Apparently, the items I ordered have been found.

I've just had an e-mail from Halfrauds offering me the items I requested free of charge plus a £25 token for the inconvenience.

It pays to complain :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 14:10 #4 

PaulT
Bet you are thinking 'why didn't I order more'.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 15:45 #5 

MN190
Nice one.
Any odds on when you go to collect them they can't find them :)

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 19:04 #6 

Duncan
Marlin are no better. Reserved a NAS box for Saturday. It wasn't there allegedly though I could see the empty space on the shelf they had taken it from. Anyway eventually they brought out the one that had been reserved for Mrs Duncan and it had the same reservation number. So after a but of faff, bought it.

Ten minutes ago, received a text from them, telling me its still waiting for me to collect it. Bet it isn't as its upstairs doing what it should.

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 19:08 #7