Front Wing Removal by Arctic

Arctic
(Trader)
How to remove the front wing with the bumper still attached.

Fig 1 Remove the screw inside the front wheel arch helps if you turn the wheel inwards.
Image1

Fig 2 above that remove the 10mm nut or screw which ever your car as
Image2

Fig 3/4 at the rear of the front wheel arch peel bacl the liner and you will see two 10mm bolts these will have to be removed if a mud flap is attached this too will have to be removed.
Image3

Image 4

Fig 5/6 use a long reach 10 scocket and remove the bolts keep safe for replacing later.
Image5

Image6

Fig 7 both bolts removed
Image7

Fig 8 remove the upper wing bolts all but the last one at the front
Image8

Fig 9 leave these two bolts for now one wing and one slam panel bolt.
Image9

Fig 10/11 remove the bumper top bolts/screws up to the middle one over the front grill which i think is four or five in total
Image10

Image11

Fig 12 you can now tug the front bumper out and towards you careful not to catch the wing if its to be used again ? if so maybe best to tape it up.
Image12

Fig 13 between the bumper and the wing gap you will see another 10mm bolts this needs to be removed also
Image13

Fig 14/15 again you a long reach 10mm socket
Image14

Image15

Fig 16/17 Open the door and at the top between the gap above the top hinge you will see yet another 10mm bolts remove this also.
Image16

Image17

Fig 18 inner wing above the door hinge bolts removed and put with the other to use again later when wing is replaced.
Image18

Fig 19 remove the 10mm slam panel bolt
Image19

Fig 20 Gentley pull out the bottom of the wing from the body be careful
Image20

FIg 21 Lift wing up careful over the lip of the inner wing ridge
Image21

Fig 22/23 You should now be able to see the side repeater slide it back and remove from wing recess, remember this will be easier for you as i am using one hand the other holds the camera :D even better if you have someone to help with this process from start to finish.
Image22

Image23

Fig 24 Remove the last bolts which you should have loosened before at the beginning
Image24

Fig 25 Remove the wing from the car carefully.
Image25

Fig 26 wing removed ready to do your work or replce the wing with a new one if the old one was damaged.
Image26

I hope this as helped you with regards to removing the front wing without having to remove the front bumper.

Disclaimer:
You are responsible for any work or modifications carried out on your car and you undertake any such work at your own risk.
The 75ZT Community nor the original author of this How-To can be held liable for anything that may happen as a result
of you following this How-To.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 14 Sep 2019, 00:32 #1 

Colvert
Glad to see you are still posting helpful information over here to keep the forum alive.

Posted 26 Sep 2019, 10:32 #2 

Arctic
(Trader)
Ant how to I do is always posted here first then onto other forums, it is a lot easier to edit on here than other forums, also our Nano meets run along side this forum, I am really surprised that this great forum which as some great experienced Rover 75 owners does not get used more, there is also a lot less bickering on here than other forums.

I'm sure times will change in the near future and this forum will get more usage
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 27 Sep 2019, 23:01 #3 

Jürgen
Another extensive and useful how-to guide ... thank you Steve! :thumbsup:

Posted 30 Oct 2019, 19:43 #4