Found one! introducing "Big Ted" by Cobwobbler

Cobwobbler
It gives me great pleasure.........
that's all I can say really.
After a month of;
high mileage,
odd wheels,
doctored pictures hiding hand painted corner scuffs and sill damage,
"I haven't actually got the log book cause it's my mates and I'm selling it for him....."
"220,000 miles isn't THAT high for these engines....."

I've finally got my grubby paws on a really nice Tourer Connoisseur Auto in British Racing Green with Sandstone Leather. Introducing "Big Ted" (Little Ted is the wifes 45)

I can honestly say ride comfort and power delivery is on a par with a Lincoln Towncar based limo I used to drive. Really nice, and the Woosh-O-matic gearbox works really well.

Only minor, and they are minor, niggles I have are 2 little rips in the rear door handle leather, strangely in the same place on both sides, and a massive Nokia mobile phone bracket.
Also the drivers cup holder is stuck, or missing and blanked off, I'm too scared to go prizing things with a big screw driver.
So I'd like to know if it would be possible to get about 1 inch square of leather?
How hard is it to remove the phone bracket?
How hard should it be to remove the drives cup holder blanking plate?
Could I get a drivers cup holder?

I feel Rover 75's are the best kept secret on the road, and can't think why more people don't have them.

Any things I should look for or do to keep it running top notch? I'd appreciate some tips.

Posted 30 Oct 2014, 18:28 #1 

Trebor
First of all keep the secret to yourself else everyone will want one

The cup holder blank just clips off but drivers cup holder's are rare items and fetch upwards of £50 and are not that great anyway as tend to be in the way when open I have a drivers one but use the passenger side instead
Please post some pictures of your car so we can all see it

Re the leather issue there are lots of spares available and you could pick up a seat quite cheap and take some leather of that but if you look at the back of your front seats there is a flap which tucks underneath the bottom of the seat base which you might be able to take a small piece from
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 30 Oct 2014, 18:52 #2 

Trebor
There are lots of checks you can do but one of the first should be the plenum to make sure no water is present do you know how to check it ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 30 Oct 2014, 18:55 #3 

Cobwobbler
Thanks Rob, yes I've read the extensive post, I'll do a full check. I've found a few sycamore seeds around the wiper area so I'll have a proper look tomorrow.
I checked the tyre pressure today cause I felt Big Ted was a little squishy and came across a "user error" I've found on a few cars I've had , namely miss reading 2.2 Bar as 22 psi. according to the owners Manwell and the free Haynes it should be about 32 to 34 psi, or I'm the one miss reading it :o).
If they're £50 I'll pass on the pop holder and use the passenger one.
The multi CD player and Lowline Sat Nav work ok, but I'd like to link my phone, just for the Sat Nav and podcasts , via the cassette using one of thoses Cassette adaptors. I had one years ago for a CD player when they first came out.
Also there's an empty space where a tool should be in the tool area in the boot near the back. The Jack, jack bar, towing eye, jack blocks, screw driver are all there, even the wheel locker nut. I'll throw up some more pictures tomorrow.
I'll also have a peek around the seats underside for a small bit of leather for the door handles, we're talking a 1cm square one side and half that the other side.

And I'll think I'll keep how good they are a secret ;O)

Posted 30 Oct 2014, 19:58 #4 

Cobwobbler
Also I like the fact that even the cover for the spare wheel n tools has a hydraulic lifter on it. Clever touch.

Posted 30 Oct 2014, 20:05 #5 

Duncan
Cobwobbler wrote:Also I like the fact that even the cover for the spare wheel n tools has a hydraulic lifter on it. Clever touch.

And a light!

Posted 30 Oct 2014, 20:07 #6 

PaulT
Think you will find that not all places for tools were always filled.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 30 Oct 2014, 21:10 #7