Fitting rear electric blind. by Poppy

Poppy
Hiya. I have purchased a rear electric blind today. Are they easy to fit? It comes with the switch too, I do not know if i have a loom in place yet.... I have just had my electric seats fitted and there was not a loom for that so I fear the worst. I do have the 4 hole fascia panel though with 4 switches, 2 for the heated seats and I do not know what the other two are for. So, surmising that I do not have a loom....What will I need to get it up and running? Thanks. Poppy.
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 03 Jun 2012, 20:49 #1 

MN190
If you have the loom then its used wrapped up in a piece of green foam behind the switch panel.
The options for the switch panel are Heated seats x 2 Traction control, Cruise, Sunblind, Smart Nav

There is a guide for fitting here
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s ... hp?t=66059

Posted 04 Jun 2012, 10:29 #2 

Duncan
If you don't have the loom, you will need the plugs for the blind and switch. There are five wires to the switch: ignition feed, ground, and illumination, plus the two that run to the back of the car and connect to the blind.

Is the blind fitted to a shelf already? The hardest bit would be doing that if it's not.

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 09:29 #3 

Poppy
Hiya Mn190, Duncan. Sorry for the late reply, a little hung over from yesterdays get together with the neighbours..:-) I have the switch panel already fitted. I have two spare buttons as I have only used the heated seat one's. Yes, the blind comes complete with the shelf...I expect delivery on Thursday hopefully....Really not in a fit state to attempt anything today... lol. Poppy
If you always do what you've always done... You will always get what You've always got.

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 13:41 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'm sure if you have any problems fitting it you will be welcome at one of the nano meets. The 75/ZT manglers will be very happy to assist. :)

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 13:43 #5 

Poppy
Hiya Mick. :-) Well, the kind neighbour who fitted my seats, with a brilliant how to pm'd to me by Trikey has said that he will fit it for me.:-) Surely it must be a bit easier than fitting the seats...Isn't it?????? Poppy

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 13:53 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
More fiddly but no more complex..

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 13:54 #7 

Poppy
Good.....:-) I saw a video clip on you tube of one in action, wow, very impressed.... Just had to buy one...lol. I only have the manual one at the moment.....Poppy

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 14:08 #8 

Duncan
Yep simple enough if its in the shelf. Hopefully the wiring is there!

Is there a how to around here for the job? I could try to explain but have no photos!

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 14:23 #9 

Poppy
I have a how to posted by MN 190.....:-) http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=66059 Just cannot wait to get it fitted now.....lol.

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 14:35 #10 

pob06
Hi Poppy, I've got the Four switch panel which is used for the two heated seats, cruise control and electric blind. You can simply cut a hole in the existing rear shelf to fit it (already marked out I think).

Edit - just seen link :-)
Despite the high cost of living its still proving popular.

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 15:05 #11 

Poppy
Helloooooooooooo.:-) I already have the panel fitted as the pic shows.....I do not know if the switch is there, but there is one coming with the blind anyway....Poppy [img][IMG]http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af173/poppy75/P1130280-1.jpg[/img][/img]Image

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 15:30 #12 

Last edited by Poppy on 05 Jun 2012, 19:57, edited 2 times in total.

Duncan
That's an odd panel. Blind is there, 2nd from left. Boot switch should be in the A pillar, and cruise is there but upside down!

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 16:16 #13 

Poppy
lol. Yes, I had the boot button moved because it was too far down for me...:-)Didn't notice the button upside down though....:-) I guess I will use that space for the blind button..... Poppy

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 18:37 #14 

Duncan
Except the blind button is there, like I said?

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 19:24 #15 

Poppy
Oh right...... So I will have a spare switch then.....:-) I just hope that i have some sort of wiring when I remove the old parcel shelf....... But, with my luck....:-( lol. Poppy

Posted 05 Jun 2012, 19:32 #16