Everything they deserve by raistlin

raistlin
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11635554/Drivers-prosecuted-for-taking-pictures-of-four-lorry-pile-up.html

What is it with this voyeuristic schadenfreude attitude?

Not only staring at the misfortunes of others but filming it. To be frank, it disgusts me.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 May 2015, 21:22 #1 

Borg Warner
That's the widened section of the A14, just completed. A14 is horrendous to drive along its entire length. If you aint doin' 80+ in the right hand lane you have some twonk so far up your exhaust flashing their lights you can barely see them, despite not being able either to move over - lorries in the left hand land to/from Felixstowe or a lorry in front doing his 56.01mph juxtaposition dance.

Rather than waste billions on the HS2 rail upgrade spend it on the line from Felixstowe to the west Mids.

Yup sick people. Sure they will be proud to have it on their FB page.

Gary M.

Posted 29 May 2015, 14:04 #2 

Jumper
It's to do with the perverse self-regard of the 'I was there' sub-human that they believe enhances their street cred amongst their morbid pack.
Curiously, were their respective positions reversed, they would fail to see the point and may be inclined to mete out a violent objection. Or claim copyright compensation. I would have thought the law around privacy might be expanded to include such horror.

Posted 30 May 2015, 19:25 #3 

raistlin
Jumper wrote:It's to do with the perverse self-regard of the 'I was there' sub-human that they believe enhances their street cred amongst their morbid pack.

But so MANY?
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 May 2015, 19:32 #4 

Borg Warner
There seems to be a trend in the modern world of social media of trying to out do the previous. For example instead of saying a polite thank you for something it moved up to "many thanks", but now we see people saying "massive thanks" or "huge thanks". In the above example, instead of people/witnesses chatting amongst themselves and perhaps hoping the victims were all ok, they now post said images on the various social media forums with increasing gratuitous comments. Haven forbid if one of those involved was breaking the law - speeding, drunk, using mobile phone etc., then the comments would increase exponentially with what the punishment would be and how it would be carried out.

It's one thing informing of events, another to try and gain some sort of kudos for their own self gratification.

Gary M.

Posted 31 May 2015, 11:13 #5 

Jumper
Borg Warner wrote:There seems to be a trend in the modern world of social media of trying to out do the previous. For example instead of saying a polite thank you for something it moved up to "many thanks", but now we see people saying "massive thanks" or "huge thanks". In the above example, instead of people/witnesses chatting amongst themselves and perhaps hoping the victims were all ok, they now post said images on the various social media forums with increasing gratuitous comments. Haven forbid if one of those involved was breaking the law - speeding, drunk, using mobile phone etc., then the comments would increase exponentially with what the punishment would be and how it would be carried out.

It's one thing informing of events, another to try and gain some sort of kudos for their own self gratification.

Gary M.

^^^ In a nutshell Gary. Since the proliferation of twitterbook, what were useful social tools (given the hoped-for good intentions of users) they now seem to be a perfect vehicle for the basest of respondents. Not all of course, but the anonymity of the blunt and ignorant keyboard overcomes the courage needed for the pointed lance of direct attribution.

Why so many? It demonstrates the power of the internet to pander to the LCD. It used to take two or three generations to impoverish a language, a culture and a civilisation. Now it takes a short wait for the next techno innovation. Like drugs: start on the innocuous, which then becomes the mediocre, then 'progress' to the next escape from reality - to the stupefying. Oh my, I do feel so old-fashioned.

Posted 31 May 2015, 12:52 #6