Events Calendar by Trebor

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Trebor
Can we have a calendar so that meet dates can be posted as it is much easier to keep track of the various meets in that format particularly when organising one to make sure there a re no clashes
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 11:17 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
This is something we have on our list of additions, still got loads to do believe it or not so may be a little while yet.

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 11:38 #2 

takestock
Come on now, no slacking. If you cannot find time then delegate Oooooo......... deja vu
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 11:49 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:Come on now, no slacking. If you cannot find time then delegate Oooooo......... deja vu

I have time but haven't a clue about programming. All delegations have been duly delegated to the relevant delegatees.

Any more lip from you............................. and........................ No tongues next time. :scared: :nurse:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 11:58 #4 

raistlin
Good idea Rob :)

You seem to be going to every event imaginable ;)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 14:33 #5 

takestock
Mick wrote:No tongues next time. :scared: :nurse:

Tart :(
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 15:01 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:
Mick wrote:No tongues next time. :scared: :nurse:

Tart :(

Oooo recognition at last. :) Flattery will get you everywhere. :rolling:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 15:22 #7 

goodlittlewifey
Anysign of the calendar yet

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 03:53 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
No, not yet but it is one of the projects in hand. There is no such thing as a proprietary plug in that will integrate with our front end. A third party solution is all that is available to us,
The two current main projects that we are working on, along with a multitude others is the Know How database and secondly a calendar solution.
As we stated when we first started this project, we will not make any promises as promises can be broken, but we will do our best to make your requests happen.

Posted 19 Aug 2010, 09:20 #9 

Bermudan 75
I think the admin team have more on their plates than to put up a calender.

All we need to do is look at dates of meetings etc before we organise a meet that does not clash with another. After all we are quite a small community at present.

This could be done by having local area meets with a person who could co-ordinate with other car clubs and other 75ZT meetings.

As we get more organised the we could put up a calender of meets.

My 2 pence worth

Mike

Posted 23 Aug 2010, 22:47 #10 

SpongeBob
Rover418275 wrote:I think the admin team have more on their plates than to put up a calender.

All we need to do is look at dates of meetings etc before we organise a meet that does not clash with another. After all we are quite a small community at present.

This could be done by having local area meets with a person who could co-ordinate with other car clubs and other 75ZT meetings.

As we get more organised the we could put up a calender of meets.

My 2 pence worth

Mike

Thanks for the support in the work (both this website and our own working and home lives) that we all have and your suggestion.

It is true that most people do double-check other meets before posting up a suggested date for a meeting so, yes in a sense this is already happening and long may it continue. Of course though a central calendar where you can look at a glance to see what's going on is a nice feature to have.

As Mick says, there is no out-of-the-box solution for a calendar system integrated to phpBB (the board's software) so we are basically constructing our own. As with all home-grown projects it's a fairly lengthy processes as we want to make sure that everything works as expected and also provides as much functionality as possible. For the moment though, the main area of attention is the searchable PDF database system which I feel will be of a much greater asset to the community.

Thanks all for your understanding :)

Posted 24 Aug 2010, 18:00 #11