Energy prices by raistlin

raistlin
I've just been giving my document archives a well deserved cull and I happened across some of our gas and electricity bills from 35 years ago.

You know what? No assumed annual price rises. According to my bills the prices remained stable for 5 or 6 years at a tine. Then, with the advent of the "free market" came the first tentative 0.5% or 1% rises.

Now it seems to be "Bung another 15% or 20% on, nobody in authority cares - nobody can stop us"

I think that perhaps, (in some ways), we had it good back then, in as much as corporate industry had at least some concern for their customers and at least had the good grace to blush and apologise about the very occasional 1% rise in prices.

I'd have said "rose coloured glasses", except that my old energy bills seem to suggest not.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Oct 2012, 16:27 #1 

carlpenn
I have come to expect the Winter increase in Energy Prices now, after all, what better time to whack your prices up for maximum profit then Autumn / Winter, when everyone needs their Energy the most. Wasn't it 5% last year when they increased it?
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 18 Oct 2012, 17:15 #2 

raistlin
carlpenn wrote:Wasn't it 5% last year when they increased it?

If you look at the price rises over the last year Carl, I think you might be surprised at the totals.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Oct 2012, 18:40 #3