Email notifications. by Mick

Mick
(Site Admin)
The MYSQL database server, for reasons best known to itself, decided to issue a database error email at the rate of 1-2 per second. Starting on or around the 15th of this month. This caused the outgoing mail queue to become overloaded until it crashed, in turn causing MYSQL DB server to crash. Until this point I was not aware of the issue.
in deleting the 80,000+ emails in the queue some PM notification emails and others were deleted.
The problem has now been resolved. Spurious error notifications from MYSQL to the system admin have been curtailed and, all seems to working correctly.
Email to new users advising permission to access the forum were also held up and may have been deleted. All new user accounts in the last several days have been activated.

Posted 22 Apr 2015, 11:15 #1 

Jürgen
:stirer:

In consideration of the fact that less than 100,000 emails have been affected, speaking on behalf of all the members of this community, we demand to establish a board of inquiry to single out someone to blame for not checking each email individually before the process of deleting had been initiated in the first place. :whump:

BTW thanks for the work behind the scenes.

;)

Posted 22 Apr 2015, 15:20 #2 

Trebor
well Mick i recognise the word e mail but other than that i havent got a clue what you are talking about but i guess its the same issue that affected the Nano site ?

Anyway thanks for fixing it and knowing what to do to fix it, it could have been worse i suppose

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 22 Apr 2015, 15:53 #3