Email auto reply? by Zeb

Zeb
Would it be possible to have an auto reply email on this set up?

Just wondered... :D Not making work for anyone... :shock:

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 18:17 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Not sure exactly what you mean, please elaborate.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 18:26 #2 

takestock
Mick wrote: please elaborate.

Are you mad man, asking Zeb to elaborate, just how many characters can you get in a single post :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 18:44 #3 

Mick
(Site Admin)
takestock wrote:

Are you mad man, asking Zeb to elaborate, just how many characters can you get in a single post :D

60000 but he can always start another or write in the margins. Teachers are good at that. :)

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 18:50 #4 

takestock
Mick wrote:
takestock wrote:

60000 but he can always start another or write in the margins. Teachers are good at that. :)

60k gulp :panic: thats about 50 Zeb words

What is it with teachers and the power of the red pen anyway :D
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 19:09 #5 

Duncan
Marry one. Then you will truly understand.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 20:05 #6 

raistlin
takestock wrote:What is it with teachers and the power of the red pen anyway :D

We're not allowed to use red pens now. Considered too aggressive. We have to use green to "assist the student to properly understand the benevolent philosophy underpinning suggestions for improvement in a non confrontational way" I kid you not :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 20:14 #7 

Duncan
Oh some still use them. SWMBO has a fine collection.

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 20:22 #8 

raistlin
Duncan wrote:Oh some still use them. SWMBO has a fine collection.

Ah, I'm not talking about relatively robust kiddies. I'm on about poor shy retiring delicate hairy ar$ed military personnel :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Jul 2010, 21:37 #9 

Zeb
Zeb only ever used red pen.....but Raistlin is correct in the 'philosophy' underpinning the ballcocks requiring green pen......

To elaborate...I would like an 'out of office' facility so I can get key messages to people who might email me when I am busy playing nursey....

Short enough for you Dave? :ugeek:

'Course...I have yet to offer my linguistic deconstruction of BBM's longest ever post.... :shock: :lol:

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 10:29 #10 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:Zeb only ever used red pen.....but Raistlin is correct in the 'philosophy' underpinning the ballcocks requiring green pen......

To elaborate...I would like an 'out of office' facility so I can get key messages to people who might email me when I am busy playing nursey....

'Course...I have yet to offer my linguistic deconstruction of BBM's longest ever post.... :shock: :lol:

It's not a known add on, or part of the system. Unless Simon knows of some way to make it happen through reprogramming the system that'll be a no. However, PM notifications sent to your email address can have an out of office reply set-up on your local email programme. Requires your computer on and connected of course.

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 10:40 #11 

Zeb
Mick wrote:
Zeb wrote:Zeb only ever used red pen.....but Raistlin is correct in the 'philosophy' underpinning the ballcocks requiring green pen......

It's not a known add on, or part of the system. Unless Simon knows of some way to make it happen through reprogramming the system that'll be a no. However, PM notifications sent to your email address can have an out of office reply set-up on your local email programme. Requires your computer on and connected of course.

Ok, thanks Mick...useful info.... :D

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 15:29 #12 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:
Mick wrote:

Wasn't thinking straight, not possible as the reply address is the generic community one which is me.

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 16:33 #13 

Zeb
Mick wrote:
Zeb wrote:
Mick wrote:

Wasn't thinking straight, not possible as the reply address is the generic community one which is me.

Well....that's ok....you being my 'valet' 'n' all....... :lol: :scared:

Posted 08 Jul 2010, 16:48 #14