Different 75 dials by loz1971

loz1971
I am sure I saw some dials different to mine on a 75 the other day, mine are plain and these had dark grey in the centre of them, I have tried looking on tinternet for pictures but can't find any pics of them :confused: :confused:

Was it my imagination, and if not, is it possible to fit these to a diesel??, because I really liked them. :D :D
:nurse:ALWAYS BE MORE HOPEFUL!!! Image

[centre]"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"[/centre]

Posted 06 Aug 2010, 23:59 #1 

takestock
Mk1 tend to be the "old world" type look but later the dash was changed to a crisper looking unit with white or grey dials ( cannot remember which :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 06:19 #2 

SpongeBob
If you find the dials you like then swapping over the dial fascia is relatively straight forward. You don't even need a brand new unit. This is only required if upgrading (eg fitting message centre). We have a guide on fitting/swapping over the IPK (Instrument pack (IPK from the German)) dials over in the Know How forum.

Posted 07 Aug 2010, 12:56 #3 

Duncan
The dark centred ones are the later type with white illumination. Introduced just after facelift, as my early FL has the old style ones.

Yes you can fit them to the older models, I've done it on my early car to add the message centre, but the illumination won't match if you don't change it. It would look better if the clock was also changed to be white with the matching dial.

Posted 08 Aug 2010, 09:07 #4