Corrupt vfp 8.0 dbf file by sammypowell

sammypowell
We have a visual basic 6.0 program that updates a foxpro table through odbc. We have a timer program that starts up every minute to print reports from an action.dbf. Whenever we run a procedure in our program we are opening the tables that we use and then close them. I don't know what happens but sometimes I get an error message whenever we try to open the dbf that the VB program updated. The message is *.dbf has been corrupted. The table will need to be repaired before using again. We have a repair program that we use to fix the dbf file and the repair message says File EOF mark adjusted! (VFP8+). The only thing the VB program is doing is setting a logical field to either true or false. I can't figure out what vb would be doing to cause this problem. Ant help would be appreciated.

Posted 22 Nov 2015, 18:46 #1 

urchinchilla
In case the guide is ineffective for your situation, then your .dbf file is severely corrupted and can be restored by more powerful solution for such cases https://onlinefilerepair.com/en/dbf-repair-online.html DBF files Online repair service

Posted 06 May 2016, 18:10 #2