Contract up for renewal - what handset? by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
b]Sorry if this in the wrong forum - please feel free to move it![/b]

My contract has come up for renewal, so it will be soon time to retire the battered iPhone 3G that has served me venerably.

I'd like to go down the route of another Smartphone and would have automatically gone for an iPhone 4, however I wondered what other people's views and experiences are of handsets that are currently on the market.

Cheers all in advance,

Jake

Posted 22 Mar 2011, 15:23 #1 

Zeb
Ummm...no idea mate! :lol: I am still on summat ancient that refuses to get any sort of interweb connection even though it says it can... :roll:

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 20:45 #2 

raistlin
JakeWilson wrote:I'd like to go down the route of another Smartphone and would have automatically gone for an iPhone 4

I've gone for an IPhone 4 in preference to my Blackberry Storm Jake, if that helps.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 20:53 #3 

kandyman
Had a iPhone 3G and now a iPhone 4 and can't wIt for the iPhone 5, imv the iPhone beats them all.

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 21:01 #4 

Mick
(Site Admin)
My phone is 12 years old, only works in semaphore that's if I actually switch it on.

In other words................ shut up Mick :lol:

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 21:19 #5 

Zeb
Mick wrote:My phone is 12 years old, only works in semaphore that's if I actually switch it on.

Well you don't answer me bleedin' texts matey!

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:07 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Zeb wrote:
Mick wrote:My phone is 12 years old, only works in semaphore that's if I actually switch it on.

Well you don't answer me bleedin' texts matey!

Wots a text?.......... You're just trying to make me switch the phone on, aren't you. :) That'll be the second time this year. :(

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:08 #7 

Duncan
Interesting reading all the different opinions.

I'm severely restricted as I need to have a phone without a camera because of work (they don't trust us not to take photos).

Trying to find anything remotely smartphonish without a camera, well you just try.

However, I can beat anyone (probably) claiming to have an old phone. I've still got all of my phones, as a museum, since day 1. That was an analogue motorola flip phone, and the network for that has been switched off!

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 22:12 #8 

johnwh74
Samsung galaxy S mate - iphone....Pah!!!
Nottingham Forest Forever

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 23:11 #9 

JakeWilson
Thanks for all the suggetions and recomendations. :hail:

I took a wander down to my o2 store in Swansea and had a good play with the phones in the shop (yes the real ones not the display models :D )

I made some enquiries about the Dell - but that apparently has some firmware options so I was told to ignore that one.

Had a brief play with a blackberry touchscreen - not bad.

iPhone 4 - already had seen a few mates.

Now the surprising one was the HTC HD7. I'd always been sceptical as I had an HTC about 4 years ago and didn't really like it at all. However this thing was something else. Got to say I was very impressed.

http://www.htc.com/uk/product/hd7/overview.html

Final decision won't be until next weekend when I am home, but so far it's going to be the HTC.

Posted 23 Mar 2011, 23:47 #10 

Zeb
JakeWilson wrote:Thanks for all the suggetions and recomendations. :hail:

I took a wander down to my o2 store in Swansea and had a good play with the phones in the shop (yes the real ones not the display models :D )

I made some enquiries about the Dell - but that apparently has some firmware options so I was told to ignore that one.

Had a brief play with a blackberry touchscreen - not bad.

iPhone 4 - already had seen a few mates.

Now the surprising one was the HTC HD7. I'd always been sceptical as I had an HTC about 4 years ago and didn't really like it at all. However this thing was something else. Got to say I was very impressed.

http://www.htc.com/uk/product/hd7/overview.html

Final decision won't be until next weekend when I am home, but so far it's going to be the HTC.

Thought you wanted a phone.....not a blinkin' widescreen Tv... :confused: :lol:

Posted 24 Mar 2011, 07:22 #11 

Martin
Hi Jake, just read this thread, say have you tried the new Cherry by Activia very tasty piece of kit :lol: :lol:
MGZT-T V8 SUPERCHARGED Le Mans Green

Posted 27 Mar 2011, 11:19 #12