Cheats or Businessmen? Don't read if your watching F1 later by takestock

takestock
Anybody watching the Grand prix disappointed at Ferrari. :cry:

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 17:08 #1 

JohnDotCom
I must say I have never seen such a blatant move in F1 since the last time Ferrari did it when the new rules were brought in.
Their argument that Alonso was faster is crap, its not who's fastest but who can keep in front,
if he couldn't overtake ......he isn't faster or a worthy winner IMHO.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 17:11 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Manipulating the rules to suit themselves. As do all the race teams. It was the drivers decision! Just who they think they are trying to kid?

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 17:13 #3 

James.uk
So what happened?????? :confused:

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 17:54 #4 

Tootall
Ferrari team bosses have been summoned to see the German Grand Prix stewards following the team orders controversy at Hockenheim.

Fernando Alonso won the race from team-mate Felipe Massa, but only after the Brazilian let him pass following a conversation on the radio, Massa having led the race from the start.

Massa was told by his race engineer Rob Smedley: "Fernando is faster than you. Can you confirm you understood that message?"

Moments later Massa slowed down and let Alonso take the lead.

After the race, the FIA stewards summoned Ferrari's team manager and team principal.

Team orders are banned in the sport.

They have been given a $100,000 fine but the result still stands ATM.
Ex-Longbridge track monkey.

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 18:47 #5 

MrB
Nothing major will happen - it is Ferrari after all.

At the end of the day team orders should be allowed - but they aren't and you have to play to the rules.

Alonso (who I really don't like) was faster than Massa.

Just my two penneth
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 19:11 #6 

Trebor
there were other people in the " sport " who agreed with what Ferari did, but not me i agree with Eddie Jordan it was a blatant ignoring of the rules and the fans were robbe, but a $100,000 fine in a multi multi millioairre team, what a joke, they must think its worth it and will do it again at that price, only way to stop this is to make the punishemnt fit the crime and disqualify both drivers but of course as its Ferrrari that wont happen anytime soon, in answer to the question mi would say cheating businessmen so both !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 25 Jul 2010, 22:20 #7