Can't relax and getting really edgy. by Bernard (Page 3 of 4)

MrDoodles
Any more news?

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 19:06 #41 

Trebor
Sorry i have missed this thread Bernard, hope Janina is still on the mend please give her my best wishes
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 20:39 #42 

Bernard
It goes from bad to worse, at least in my opinion.
When Janina came back from surgery she was told that the wound was too big to be viable for skin grafting. Well, no surprise there really. An alternative treatment programme was being drawn up.

Today, yet another plastics guy came round to see her to say that she was to be prepared for surgery for grafting. At this she panicked somewhat and said no, as she had been told the area was too large and would present complications.

I have been in tonight and logged my displeasure at the proceedings as they are upsetting her with their two changes of plan. It would really help if the doctors spoke English sufficiently to be understood correctly. Unfortunately there are many nuances in the English language for the true meanings to be lost.

They are talking now of sending her home into the care of the District Nurses who I know from previous experience will do as they think and not what the hospital has set out.

It's difficult being a patient in today's health service.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 22:01 #43 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I'm lost for words. Most unlike me.
Still thinking of you both.

Posted 21 Jun 2012, 22:10 #44 

Duncan
To be honest, even if any language barrier is not present, there are still issues. Mary has had some bad experiences recently with one hospital lying to GPs and another hospital, about her having refused a particular treatment option, and having insisted (self referred) on another course of treatment.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 07:15 #45 

Duncan
Bernard, again please send my best to Janina. This kind of treatment is unreasonable and wrong, the last thing she needs.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 08:00 #46 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Thank you for complying with the only rule Mr Doodles. Without prompting from me. :)
I have deleted your post and removed the quote from Duncans post.
And as it no longer made sense deleted Zebs post.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 09:22 #47 

Gate Keeper
I worked in the NHS for 30 years and know the good and the bad. You could start with the chief executive to place a hold on your wife's discharge until you get satisfaction. Do not waste time with the ward manager. You are entitled to get a second opinion and to make a complaint as the system is set up for this as well. I know I am thousands of miles away and would not want to make things worse as clearly you have had a great deal on your plate to deal with and still do. What a worry.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 11:08 #48 

Bernard
It's all change again. This morning I had a call saying that surgery would go ahead today.
Five minutes ago, another call to say it's cancelled. I bet the air is blue in the ward now with Janina's reaction.

I'm scared to go in tonight. :shock:

A whole week pretty well wasted.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 16:02 #49 

Gate Keeper
Keep us posted Bernard. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you both.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 18:24 #50 

Borg Warner
Stick with it Bernard, as the saying goes keep calm and carry on. Be forceful but polite but most all be strong for Janina.

Regards Gary M

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 18:41 #51 

Bernard
Can't grumble too much as these cases get put back when the injured soldiers from Afghanistan arrive. I can't help feeling that we don't get much info on these injuries when you see the rate at which they are arriving at the QE Hospital. My wife is fully behind our troops (not the reasons that they are deployed) so has taken a sanguine attitude to it all. The big problem is having to starve for so long and the lack of fluids is doing her no good at all.

Posted 22 Jun 2012, 21:34 #52 

JakeWilson
Sorry to read the issues you've both experience Bernard! I hope things improve swiftly!

Mick wrote:Thank you for complying with the only rule Mr Doodles. Without prompting from me. :)
I have deleted your post and removed the quote from Duncans post.
And as it no longer made sense deleted Zebs post.

Since when do Zebs posts ever make sense!? :-D :gmc: :-D :stirer: :rolling:

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 00:40 #53 

Bernard
This is developing into a saga.

She was kept all day waiting yet again only to be told by the anaesthetist that they were not happy that her heart rate was up. (Are you surprised!)
However, she has had a heart problem due to oxygen starvation when her lung condition was mis-diagnosed so they are rightfully being cautious.

The op. is off again but they propose to do the graft under a local anaesthetic tomorrow.
I am really feeling anxious for her now, that is not going to be pleasant.

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 20:01 #54 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Once the locals have taken effect she won't know anything about. General anaesthetics are dangerous enough for people in good health let alone those carrying an infirmity, especially circulatory problems.
I'm sure you know this already. Just a bit of reinforcement.

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 20:06 #55 

Bernard
Thanks Mick. It's just the thought of it. :panic:

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 20:11 #56 

Jürgen
Let's keep the fingers crossed that there will be some progress now.

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 21:58 #57 

raistlin
We are both still thinking of you and Janina mate. Marion includes you both in her prayers.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 23 Jun 2012, 22:24 #58 

scooterchick
What a trauma you and Janina are havng to suffer. I'll pray for a speedy resolution and recovery for Janina xxx

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 13:30 #59 

Bernard
Now the op is called off for at least some time because they were not happy with her heart rate still this morning.
Probably home Monday or Tuesday with regular visits back to the QE Hospital for monitoring her recovery.

She has been genuinely touched (as have I) by all your kind thoughts and prayers and hopes to catch up again with most of you at a future nano meet. But it won't be for some time I'm afraid.

Posted 24 Jun 2012, 15:38 #60