Brrrr.... by SpongeBob

• Related topics: (no related topics)

SpongeBob
It's nice to know that when the weather turns a little bit colder over night that you can rely on your water boiler to break down.... :roll: :( Thankfully there's a man coming out tomorrow to take a look.

I fear though I may have broken it some more as at least some lights on it were flashing until I tried to restart it.... and now there are no lights working on it at all :oops: :gmc:

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 20:20 #1 

Trebor
this weather sorts them all out Simon, plus any dodgy car batteries, hope you get it fixed, in the meantime wrap up and have some soup !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 20:30 #2 

Duncan
Is that for heating? If you are stuck and cold, I may be able to lend you something to stop your extremeties falling off.

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 20:33 #3 

SpongeBob
It does both heating and the hot water - typical! :roll: Hopefully the man tomorrow will sort something out. We've got plenty of blankets on standby though. Many thanks for your kind offer Duncan - if it turns out we'll be without for a few days I might need take you up on the offer. :)

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 20:44 #4 

Duncan
OK, sure we can help with something if you need it.

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 20:47 #5 

raistlin
We've got a couple of convector heaters you can borrow as well if needs be Simon
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 20:51 #6 

geesmith
Sounds similar to mine. The lights flash to let you know there's a fault (you're only looking cos it isn't working).
My mother-in-law has the same model and phones every few days to say "well i can't imagine what's wrong with my heater..."

Usually it needs switching to "off" then to the ignite position then to heating and water position.
On ours that's position 1 = off, position 4 = reset/ignite, position 3 = heating and water heater.

There seems to be a slight lag before the relevant lights come on which initially gives the impression nothing is happening.

Posted 28 Jan 2012, 23:57 #7 

PaulT
Set fire to your knees, never fails to warm you up
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 29 Jan 2012, 06:57 #8 

SpongeBob
Just as an update to this:-

Despite the brave efforts of the engineer to fix/resolve the problem by swapping out various components it would seem the boiler is beyond repair. Only 10 years young too... they don't build them to last nowadays :( Seems a lack of servicing over the years is a probable cause to the systems failure :roll:

Still, another boiler is en-route and will be fitted within the next few days and hopefully then we'll be back to normality. Until then it's convection heaters and jumpers all the way.

Posted 04 Feb 2012, 20:24 #9