Brake Pipe by Bermudan 75

Bermudan 75
Well I managed to break my rear offside brake pipe when replacing the rear hose.

Can anyone recommend how I should go about replacing the broken brake pipe?

Many thanks

Posted 16 Jul 2022, 19:53 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Mike.
Some places will make a length up for you, you could call out a mobile mechanic, or have a go at doing it your self.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 16 Jul 2022, 23:32 #2 

Bermudan 75
Thanks Steve,

I have found a place in Manchester that will make up a replacement while I wait.

I will replace the rear brake hose on the other side before I go, just in case that one breaks as well.:scared:

Posted 17 Jul 2022, 11:43 #3 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bermudan 75 wrote:Thanks Steve,

I have found a place in Manchester that will make up a replacement while I wait.

I will replace the rear brake hose on the other side before I go, just in case that one breaks as well.:scared:

Hi Mike great do let us know if they are any good
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 18 Jul 2022, 01:08 #4 

takestock
Luckily the offside rear is the easy one, joint is on the bulkhead at the front. and the whole pipe is accessible. The nearside one is harder as it involves either dropping the fuel tank or re routing the pipe. If dropping the tank you need to be running on fumes ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 Jul 2022, 10:00 #5 

Bermudan 75
Arctic wrote:
Bermudan 75 wrote:Thanks Steve,

Hi Mike great do let us know if they are any good

Hi Steve,
I have been meaning to reply for sometime.
I took the broken brake pipe to them and they replaced it with a roll of brake pipe with fittings.
https://www.autocraze.co.uk/brake-pipes ... order.html
Just had to form it to replace the original.
I paid under £10, but I did have a 90 mile round trip.

Mike

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 27 Nov 2022, 17:16 #6