Boot Solenoid by edward1

edward1
When i try to open my boot , the solenoid switch keeps going when using the key or switch , i have replaced the boot solenoid , and it worked correctly for a day now it started doing this fault again , as anyone had this problem , i cant see it being the barrel as it appears free and is the mechanical side , any help would be appreciated please .

Posted 24 Sep 2010, 18:12 #1 

takestock
I think what your describing is "machine gunning" turn the rubber stops on the boot lid a 1/4 turn and all should be OK :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Sep 2010, 19:10 #2 

Trebor
do you have a boot tidy net fitted because believe it or not the flap near the centre can be shut over the lock which thsn seems to jam and creates the same effect
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 24 Sep 2010, 20:33 #3 

edward1
I dont have a boot tidy net , but thanks for the reply , i will try the boot stops tomorrow , and yes it is machine gunning , which i have seen with a faulty lock , thanks for your advice i will let you know how i go on .

Posted 24 Sep 2010, 22:53 #4 

MrB
edward1 wrote:I dont have a boot tidy net , but thanks for the reply , i will try the boot stops tomorrow , and yes it is machine gunning , which i have seen with a faulty lock , thanks for your advice i will let you know how i go on .

Doesn't have to be faulty, could just be badly adjusted like mine was.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 00:13 #5 

edward1
I have altered the boot stops , and it appears to have cured the problem .

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 19:42 #6 

takestock
edward1 wrote:I have altered the boot stops , and it appears to have cured the problem .

;) :D :D :D ;)

Glad we could help.

Now, whats next :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 25 Sep 2010, 20:06 #7