Been done up like a kipper! by spanner5511

• Related topics: (no related topics)

spanner5511
Bought a 2005 Conny tourer from "Alan" near Dagenham yesterday. As far as I could tell it seemed fine, very clean and sounded nice and quiet. Drove home from London to Manchester, noticed white or blue smoke under load. Went to car today- pool of oil underneath - lots of oil around the filler cap. Now sounds like a bag of spanners.
What have I bought??? Alan doesn't appear to be answering his phone.

Posted 07 Jul 2015, 21:16 #1 

Arctic
(Trader)
PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation Valve) filter is clogged best to changed it asap, do not drive car until you change it, at the same time I would changed the oil filter, air filter, oil, and fuel filter, also check to see if it is burning diesel.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 00:10 #2 

takestock
As above, the diesel lump is a sturdy beast, check the P.C.V. make sure the oil level is OK before you run the car. Hopefully no damage dome :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 05:53 #3 

PaulT
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 06:22 #4 

spanner5511
I think you are right Artic. Unfortunately having driven all the way home, I think it is likely that some or all of the oil seals have blown. Any idea how I would know if they have and how big a job is it to check/replace them?

Andy

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 09:22 #5 

spanner5511
PCV filter taken out and yes...........totally clogged up. There appears to be oil coming from under the valve cover and a tapping/knocking noise from the top of the engine. Tappet/valve follower problem or knackered valves?

Posted 08 Jul 2015, 11:22 #6