Avatar Issue by Trebor (Page 1 of 2)

Trebor
Please check out my avatar which is a picture i took and have resized to make it accceptable and within the limits, so why does it show a " sash " acoss the screen saying online, happened to my previous picture too ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 00:34 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Strangely enough it disappears when you're not online. :lol:

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 00:56 #2 

takestock
I cannot see it Rob, if you were on line now you would see it isn't there
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 07:20 #3 

PaulT
Ah - the light in the fridge syndrome
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 09:04 #4 

Trebor
its still there for me, but strange thing is if I try to copy and paste the picture from the avatar as i see it saves without the sash, and it is not there when i look at the avatar in my settings, i can also see the sash on Micks avatar sometimes when i log on although it is not there now, this is a screen shot of what i see:

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 15:53 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rob, the sash appears over everybody's avatar when they are logged in. When not logged in the sash does not appear. It is not part of your picture. To prove the point, view the forum as a guest (i.e. don't to log in).

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 16:08 #6 

takestock
Is that a penny I can hear dropping...........
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 16:11 #7 

Dave
This is a very entertaining thread! :mrgreen: :thumbsup:

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 18:08 #8 

Trebor
i would love to be able to claim that this was a wind up but sad to say i was deadly serious at the time, i had just changed my avatar and dont remember seeing it on the old one, anyway i have now picked up the dropped penny and will squirm away to fight another day
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 19:23 #9 

Dave
You could have got away with it, but top marks for fessing up!!

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 19:28 #10 

Trebor
its on yours now too, am i getting the hang of this ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 19:29 #11 

Duncan
Rob, don't worry, it's the websites problem!

In some browsers the banner sits over the photo, on others it sits next to it.

At work we use IE7 (it's the rules, don't ask) but at home I use IE9. With IE7 it's over your avatar, with IE9 it isn't:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 19:32 #12 

Dave
Trebor wrote:its on yours now too, am i getting the hang of this ?

Hang on, I'll log off, then have another look! ;-)

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 19:37 #13 

Trebor
Thanks Duncan, a minor let off methinks
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 19:44 #14 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:Rob, don't worry, it's the websites problem!

In some browsers the banner sits over the photo, on others it sits next to it.

At work we use IE7 (it's the rules, don't ask) but at home I use IE9. With IE7 it's over your avatar, with IE9 it isn't:

Thought well, I am using IE7 and it has suddenly changed to the side - so checked and someone has upgraded to IE9.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 24 Nov 2011, 21:42 #15 

SpongeBob
It should display correctly in all browsers over the avatar as Mick describes. If its displaying incorrectly in IE9 then there's an issue that we'll address and look to rectify.

Posted 25 Nov 2011, 13:36 #16 

JohnDotCom
Shows at left hand side of Avatar "ONLINE" using IE9 and Win 7 no problems,
just still very slow at the moment!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 25 Nov 2011, 16:29 #17 

Duncan
Also at the side on IE9 with windows phone 7.5 (Metro)

Posted 25 Nov 2011, 16:51 #18 

SpongeBob
Must be an IE thing :( Despite Microshafts attempt to make IE more standards-compliant they fail on something that works across Firefox, Safari and Chrome :(

I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Posted 25 Nov 2011, 18:54 #19 

Jürgen
SpongeBob wrote:Must be an IE thing :( Despite Microshafts attempt to make IE more standards-compliant they fail on something that works across Firefox, Safari and Chrome :(

It's not that complicated. If it doesn't work with IE it's just not standard. :stirer:

:scared:

Um, well, ... ;)

Posted 25 Nov 2011, 19:03 #20