Arden Green Bonnet by Duncan (Page 2 of 2)

Duncan
Thanks for the offer Steve.

Posted 27 Jul 2016, 17:36 #21 

Duncan
Been and fetched the car today, thanks again Steve for spotting it. Its had a hard life recently and is a bit sad with things like wet boot floor, broken mirror and the key remote not working. It does start and drive nicely (well onto the car trailer that is). Bottled is for sure better than mine, and although the rear bumper is not perfect its better than mine. Rear parking sensors in it too though getting the fault beep. Leather seats seem better than mine but need a thorough clean before I can decide. Haven't tried the bonnet but from the jaunty angle of the internal handle I'm betting its bust so I'll have that challenge to overcome.

If it had been a really good car that just needed a bit of TLC I might have done a bit of work and rescued it. However the rusty self tappers holding the door sill trim on make me think its got some other unlovedness lurking in there and will probably be better as a source of spares.

Posted 30 Jul 2016, 17:23 #22 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Duncan.
Sounds like you will need to remove the wheel arch liner, and the washer bottle,;) rear sensors could be a little corrosion on the spliced part of the loom, but I have also known the sensors to be dirty enough for that fault to occur, don't know why I am trying to teach a teacher :lol: mind this bit of info maybe good use the vanish soap bar to clean the leather seats works a treat, soft nail brush and the soap bar, wipe off excess with a damp cloth, then dry off with a clean dry cloth, leather balm after.

PS I used the scourer pad on the hard plastic of a steering wheel, so not good for leather seats.
Image1

Image2
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 30 Jul 2016, 22:44 #23 

Gren 24
Hi Duncan,
If you need a hand with any thing just let me know. Only to willing to help

Posted 31 Jul 2016, 14:11 #24 

Duncan
Thanks everyone for the offers of help and ideas. I think its time to start a new thread outside the 'wanted' section with more feedback about it.

Posted 31 Jul 2016, 17:23 #25 

Bermudan 75
I want to know where Steve got that bar of Vanish, none of our shops have any!

Posted 31 Jul 2016, 19:31 #26 

Duncan
Thanks for the 'vanish' hint Steve. I'll see if I can get some and I'll let Mike know if I do.

Posted 31 Jul 2016, 19:39 #27 

Arctic
(Trader)
Bermudan 75 wrote:I want to know where Steve got that bar of Vanish, none of our shops have any!

Asda, Morrisons, and the like but mainly the first superstore, Ho and here of cause,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from= ... +&_sacat=0
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 31 Jul 2016, 19:44 #28