Anyone with a lathe? by Duncan

• Related topics: (no related topics)

Duncan
Does anyone have a lathe that could turn down a soldering iron tip, and square off the end so I can put an M4 thread on it, please? It's for adapting a soldering iron to repair IPKs with lines so it is 75 related.

The tip will be made of copper but is plated. It starts at 5mm dia and I need 4mm for the M4.

Posted 24 Oct 2015, 13:55 #1 

Borg Warner
I think Mick has a lathe over on http://www.mgr-forums.com/phpbb/index.php, want me to ask?

Gary M.

Posted 24 Oct 2015, 18:44 #2 

Duncan
Thanks. Lets see if there's someone on here but I might take you up on that as I'm not a member over there.

Posted 24 Oct 2015, 19:07 #3 

ceedy
got one but down in zummerset ?
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 25 Oct 2015, 12:26 #4 

Trebor
Duncan, Bernard could be your man once he returns to the UK from his tax haven !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 25 Oct 2015, 21:02 #5 

Colvert
Duncan wrote:Thanks. Lets see if there's someone on here but I might take you up on that as I'm not a member over there.

MEMBER ???? Doesn't matter. Come on over you are more than welcome.---------COLVERT.

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 22:30 #6 

Colvert
Duncan wrote:Does anyone have a lathe that could turn down a soldering iron tip, and square off the end so I can put an M4 thread on it, please? It's for adapting a soldering iron to repair IPKs with lines so it is 75 related.

The tip will be made of copper but is plated. It starts at 5mm dia and I need 4mm for the M4.

Put the tip in an electric drill. As it's copper it would be easy to hold a file against it to get down to the size you want.

Posted 26 Nov 2015, 22:32 #7 

Bernard
Trebor wrote:Duncan, Bernard could be your man once he returns to the UK from his tax haven !

Somehow missed this, I must have been counting my money at the time! ;)
If you haven't got it sorted, I can do this.

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 07:08 #8 

Duncan
Thanks for the update guys. It had slipped down my list anyhow.

Bernard I'll PM you!

Posted 27 Nov 2015, 16:17 #9