Anyone got a neat installation for a tourer reverse camera by Duncan

Duncan
I want to be able to see the edge of the bumper, and the towball in particular, but I'm after a nice neat installation. There's a few number plate lamp replacement modules, but not sure what will fit and also if it's legal because the number plate lamps are tiny.

So what has anyone else done?

Posted 07 Aug 2011, 16:40 #1 

Jürgen
Maybe you can integrate LEDs instead of the bulbs for the number plate? So the level of illumination should be ok.

I don't think you'll find another useful place for the camera module.

Posted 07 Aug 2011, 22:50 #2 

Mad-Monkey
I've just picked up a Lexus IS250 as a courtesy car whilst my dads RX is in for a safety recall on the brakes. Although not an estate they have a camera between the lights, but still recessed above the number plate. It comes on during reverse and there are two grids on the screen. The one is fixed and looks to be the size of the car, and the other adjusts with the steering wheel to give the direction the car will travel.

I can take a picture of the mounting if its any use. I know its not a tourer, but you may be able to fabricate something similar.

Some of the options on the car are really amazing. The voice command is great. Shame the car is quite plastic inside really.

Posted 08 Aug 2011, 09:54 #3