Anyone ever owned/buit a Beauford Car? by Mad-Monkey

Mad-Monkey
Thinking about doing it... Not the best time for personal reasons but sometimes you got to roll with it. Anyone able to offer some advice/pointers? I would probably look to hire it out for weddings as they are quite the looker. I fancied a classic car for restoration but having come across these, my interest has stuck. I'm deciding whether it woud be better to get a car to alter, or start from scratch.

Are there any other cars worth looking at? Ultimately its a car to be used, not to restore to cherish in a museum type way, but the odd drive out, weddings etc..

Posted 17 Nov 2013, 12:53 #1 

kandyman
Looks a lovely car,

http://www.beaufordcars.co.uk

Posted 17 Nov 2013, 13:41 #2 

Trebor
Looks very nice , similar to this Panther

Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 17 Nov 2013, 14:59 #3 

Mad-Monkey
Ringing Beaufordcars on Monday for details. I like the Panther Rob. Had a look at the owners club but there was no public forum I could see.

Posted 17 Nov 2013, 15:59 #4 

humphshumphs
Never built a Beauford, but have built a few kit cars (mainly 7 style). The best advice I can give is to try and get a build manual before getting the kit so you can get an idea of what you are letting yourself for.

This way, if the build manual is high quality, then you got a good idea that the kit will be good. Also don't rush the build.
Richard

Posted 17 Nov 2013, 16:08 #5 

Mad-Monkey
Cheers for the advice. I did read somewhere there was a manual for sale at £20 which was refunded if you bought the kit. I'll ring and find out if was them as I've looked at a fair few cars now!

Posted 17 Nov 2013, 17:48 #6