Anybody interested in model railways? by raistlin

raistlin
I know one or two members of this august body are closet model railway enthusiasts so I thought this might be of interest. I won't "out" those people though ;)

I've just finished setting up my model railway controller and I have to say that, after a great deal of grief, I've managed to get rid of the conventional point switches on the control panel and they are all now operated on the touchscreen of my controller, an ESU ECoS.

In fact, this digital stuff is so clever that the point motors, which are now slow motion rather than the more conventional solenoid, actually feed back the true position of the points to the controller, so the yellow indicators on the controller track plan are always a true representation of the position of the points.

There's just something about gadgets :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 17 May 2013, 19:03 #1 

Mofo
Now that looks very clever - for those people who like model trains of course - whoever they may be.

Posted 17 May 2013, 21:02 #2 

Zeb
No idea who he is talking about Mofo.... :confused: :shock: :-? :lol:

It does look very neat.... :thumbsup:

Posted 19 May 2013, 18:29 #3 

Mad-Monkey
:thumbsup: Looks good Paul! I like it!

Posted 20 May 2013, 11:51 #4 

Duncan
Something and nothing I know. But in a certain car factory in Crewe they also use ECOS, as well as pre-ECOS. So I'm sure it would be fun to use your controller to try to configure cars on the production line.

(I apologise now for irrelevant waffle).

Posted 20 May 2013, 21:09 #5 

aturi83
Cough... My lads 10 months old, is it too early yet? :-P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Posted 20 May 2013, 21:49 #6 

raistlin
aturi83 wrote:Cough... My lads 10 months old, is it too early yet? :-P

Never too early :lol:
Paul

Posted 20 May 2013, 22:13 #7 

raistlin
Just in case anybody is interested in seeing the layout this control panel is attached to.
Paul

Posted 20 May 2013, 22:16 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Come on a bit since I last looked (couple of years or so ago). The level of detail is astounding (understatement). :)

Posted 20 May 2013, 22:49 #9