Annoying or is it just me ! by Trebor (Page 2 of 3)

• Related topics: (no related topics)

SpongeBob
Looks like I might have cracked it then :cheers: :ugeek:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:17 #21 

takestock
Zeb wrote:
SpongeBob wrote:
Zeb wrote:Somebody kiss that man!.........(Where is Takestock when you need him? :? )

Why do we need to kiss Dave? I know he's a great guy and all that but I'm not into man-love... :panic: :nurse: :o :gmc:

Ah Simon..the kiss was going to be one from Dave to you...from all of us..for saving our eyesight.. :D
He is good like that..feed him enough dodgy named beer a :o and he'll kiss almost anyone...

Last bloke i tried to kiss was Mick at Beaulieu, now that is another story ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:23 #22 

Zeb
takestock wrote:
Zeb wrote:
SpongeBob wrote:
Zeb wrote:Somebody kiss that man!.........(Where is Takestock when you need him? :? )

Why do we need to kiss Dave? I know he's a great guy and all that but I'm not into man-love... :panic: :nurse: :o :gmc:

Ah Simon..the kiss was going to be one from Dave to you...from all of us..for saving our eyesight.. :D
He is good like that..feed him enough dodgy named beer a :o and he'll kiss almost anyone...

Last bloke i tried to kiss was Mick at Beaulieu, now that is another story ;)

You've got form for it then.... :lol:

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:30 #23 

takestock
In my lastest job role they have a form for flippin everything
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:32 #24 

Bernard
The left side menu has disappeared completely for me. Windows XP Pro.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:34 #25 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Bernard wrote:The left side menu has disappeared completely for me. Windows XP Pro.

Try shift / refresh, it is probably calling the window from your cache rather than the server. Clear cache and cookies if necessary

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:40 #26 

Bernard
Mick wrote:
Bernard wrote:The left side menu has disappeared completely for me. Windows XP Pro.

Try shift / refresh, it is probably calling the window from your cache rather than the server. Clear cache and cookies if necessary

That's fixed it! Thank you. :clap:
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 02 Jul 2010, 22:51 #27 

Jürgen
Now I have to scroll all the way up again, just to get to the link for unread posts in the menu bar. :(

Up there it's jumping around a bit, clashing with the header. (Safari mobile) :confused:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 05:48 #28 

zojosc
At last all seems well for me, no jumpy side bit. Makes me feel more relaxed. 8-)
"Keep Smilin'"
Andy

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 06:10 #29 

Jürgen
If I start scrolling down at the top of a page, the menu bar scrolls up twice as fast, until it's even an overlay of the page header. So the upper link section (search for) disappears very quickly.

But maybe I get used to it. :confused:

I haven't fired up my PC yet, so this applies for the mobile version of Safari.

I appreciate the work involved. And I know, how difficult it can be to satisfy the needs of different browsers, in different versions on different operating systems. So I need to say:

Simon, you're doing a tremendous work. Thanks for that! :thumbsup:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 06:44 #30 

Jürgen
Jürgen wrote:I haven't fired up my PC yet, so this applies for the mobile version of Safari.

Now I have.

Here are the results, all with Windows 7 so far:

Internet Explorer 8 ....... :thumbsup:
    Firefox 3.6.6 .............. :thumbsup:
    Safari 5 .................... :thumbsup:

The menu bar looks great all over the place. :clap:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 09:34 #31 

JohnDotCom
The menu bar looks great all over the place.

That shouldn't happen. :D :gmc:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 15:43 #32 

Trebor
i started all this and mine is ok now on the laptop downstairs will try desktop later

Last bloke i tried to kiss was Mick at Beaulieu, now that is another story

was he from Glasgow ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 17:30 #33 

Jürgen
Trebor wrote:was he from Glasgow ?

Could you please specify "Glasgow"?

The one in Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, Pennsylvania, ............., or the :scotland: one?

:gmc:

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 17:54 #34 

raistlin
Jürgen wrote:
Trebor wrote:was he from Glasgow ?

Could you please specify "Glasgow"?

The one in Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, Pennsylvania, ............., or the :scotland: one?

:gmc:

Definitely the Jokanese original and genuine I'd say Jürgen. :D
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 18:15 #35 

Trebor
yes it was meant to refer to a Glasgow kiss so definitely the one in the uk, it was an attempt at being funny that i realised i got all wrong when i read it back though !

My desktop is still not displaying the forum corrcetly, might be because i am running IE6 ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:01 #36 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:My desktop is still not displaying the forum corrcetly, might be because i am running IE6 ?

Have you tried clicking the refresh button whilst holding down the shift key Rob?
Paul

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:03 #37 

JohnDotCom
Updating to IE7 has been fully tested and works fine Rob.
It doesn't use hardly any extra resources and still get updates for security holes etc.
If you can't get hold of it I'll copy it onto a CD and send to you.

IE8 isn't quite so backward compatible but everything works on the Community Site.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:07 #38 

raistlin
raistlin wrote:
Trebor wrote:My desktop is still not displaying the forum corrcetly, might be because i am running IE6 ?

Have you tried clicking the refresh button whilst holding down the shift key Rob?

Yes, you must have done, as it has already been mentioned. I really MUST read the threads more carefully :em:
Paul

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:17 #39 

Dallas
Well mines a bit weird..... :shock: sometimes when I log in the left hand 'SEARCH FOR' is not even there. I have to click 're-load' and then it may comeback on 1st or 2nd load (it can also disappear when I switch between thread pages) it appears to be a bit un-stable.......

Running WIN 7 with OPERA 10.50, not tried me Vista laptop with IE7.....

Posted 03 Jul 2010, 22:48 #40