Air Vent Noise by Jupiter

Jupiter
The car is a 2004 Facelift Connie SE. I get a " Humming / Slight Whistling " noise, which seems to be coming from the central air vent area. This only starts when the car reaches 65 to 70 mph. Sometimes a bit lower when there is a strong headwind. Any alteration to the air or vent settings make no difference.

It is driving me nuts !!!!

Anybody got any ideas as where to start looking. ??

Jupiter

Posted 30 Aug 2015, 08:34 #1 

leonchamberlain7
I heard it today in my 75. When I put pressure under the black top of the dash, it stopped. Its was vibrating. I'm sure someone on the 75/MG site said they placed a little piece of padding somewhere and it never happened again. Might not be the same problem but I only heard it from 60 mph.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Posted 02 Sep 2015, 19:05 #2 

leonchamberlain7
May be we need to tighten some old screws somewhere. Lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Posted 02 Sep 2015, 19:06 #3 

ceedy
I've got something like this on the 260, when the blower is on there is a definite rustling, nowhere near as quiet as the cdti ?

C.
Got one for Me , Then one for her, and now a big one for me again, All BLOO! Well saves on the touch up paint, Now Number one son's Spoilt it all by getting a Firefrost 1.8T

Posted 03 Sep 2015, 10:00 #4 

Jupiter
I think I have located the culprit. I went to do my monthly " Plenen " check and on removing the passenger side outer grill ( under the bonnet ) I found it was badly cracked. Also the inboard fixing clip was broken. Off to the scrap yard for a replacement and made sure it was fitted correctly. Took the car onto the M8 and up to 70mph with no noise . Then up to 80 for a short belt and still no noise. So here's hoping this is the fault.
Thanks to all for advice. Forum is great for assistance.
Jupiter ( Scotland )

Posted 06 Sep 2015, 07:00 #5 

Trebor
And thanks for the feedback will commit your cure to the memory banks for future retrieval
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 06 Sep 2015, 21:50 #6