A tale from the Court by raistlin

raistlin
It never ceases to amaze me that some people show such generosity of spirit... and that some scumbags don't deserve to breathe the same air.

A case in a colleague's Court was discussed during lunch yesterday.

A chap collapsed in the market area of Wolverhampton and an 81 year old lady immediately got to her knees, assessed him and began effective CPR. Whether or not the bloke survived is not known.

What is known, however, is that while the lady was dealing with the casualty a certain low-life scum, well known to the local Judiciary, walked off with her shopping trolley, containing all the groceries she needed to live on for a week having just spent the bulk of her pension on same.

It took 90 minutes for the Police to view the CCTV, identify and arrest the individual, by which time the groceries, trolley and all, where not to be found.

As I said. Generosity of spirit and low-life scumbags. The one, I suppose, serving to throw the other into sharp relief.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 Feb 2012, 18:34 #1 

PaulT
I do think the Californian system is the best - I assume it is still in operation.

Get convicted for the third time and, irrespective of the offences, it is 25 years inside. Apparently, the first persons crime to get 25 years was to steal a slice of pizza.

I sometimes wonder about the effectiveness of some laws. A colleague of mine speeds. He said to me recently 'I am going to have to take it easy, I have three speeding offences on my licence and 9 points. Therefore, the only time he was not going to speed was when, if he did, he would lose his licence. Would 6 points for a speeding offence make those who do speed slow down?

I hope the scumbag got suitable punishment.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 18 Feb 2012, 18:51 #2 

geesmith
...I'd volunteer to throw one into sharp something or other.
We can't afford the Californian system due to the appalling state of our economy.

I bet .gov wish they could retrieve some of those million pound missiles that were sent in pursuit of lone individuals (which in turn served to polarise his like minded individuals). We're still talking drops in the ocean.
Some of the uncaring scum are wearing expensive suits which doesn't help.

The only person you can look up these days is the aeriel contractor..

Posted 20 Feb 2012, 17:23 #3 

Borg Warner
I suppose I'm too late to pay for the lady's groceries and trolley she had nicked.

Seriously I would.

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 18:51 #4 

PaulT
geesmith wrote:We can't afford the Californian system due to the appalling state of our economy.

Think the idea was that, if your 3rd offence - drop a piece of litter or rob a bank and you get 25 years then perhaps the litter will not get dropped or bank will not get robbed.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 25 Feb 2012, 20:53 #5 

geesmith
PaulT wrote:
geesmith wrote:We can't afford the Californian system due to the appalling state of our economy.

Think the idea was that, if your 3rd offence - drop a piece of litter or rob a bank and you get 25 years then perhaps the litter will not get dropped or bank will not get robbed.

Understood, but they can't help themselves innit, and .gov know it well.
"anyway, vey can't lock me up just cos I dun free fings innit cos I know my rights"....even if he's wrong he'll think this and when it backfires he'll think it's all somebody else's fault and his mum and girlfiend will tell the police "ahh it's not right, you can't do that" and they'll believe it too.

This is possibly the result of successive .gov's choosing not to educate people. Back when the economy was driven by hordes of factory workers the kids would leave school and have a choice of jobs... now there's Jobseekers and Marketing. Don't scrutinise it too closely for too long because it's terrifying. I suspect we've crested the peak of the human journey.

How long before a vacancy arises for a castle builder. . . probably created by one of our foreign, tax avoiding, top rich people from the 1%. lol

Posted 27 Feb 2012, 12:56 #6