A simple maths question by Borg Warner

Borg Warner
I’m having to take a course of steroids. The treatment involves squirting the stuff into each nostril, these things come in a use once applicator known as a nasule and I’ve been told to take ½ of one in each nostril twice a day. Now on the prescription it says the following:

28 Dose, use half a nasule in each nostril twice a day. Re-issue 01/11/13.
So to the simple maths question; how many of these nasules do I need to see me to the 01/11/13.

Gary M.

Posted 05 Oct 2013, 22:00 #1 

geesmith
starting tomorrow, the 6th, you need 54.
based on 2 per day for 27 days.

If you've been given a box of 28 then they've short changed you by 50%. Perhaps they didn't read the 'twice a day' part.

Posted 05 Oct 2013, 22:20 #2 

Bernard
But prescriptions are usually only issued for 4 week periods.

Sent via Tapatalk.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 10:02 #3 

Borg Warner
geesmith wrote:starting tomorrow, the 6th, you need 54.
based on 2 per day for 27 days.

If you've been given a box of 28 then they've short changed you by 50%. Perhaps they didn't read the 'twice a day' part.

That's how I see it Glynn and so too my GP as she's put the exact same words on the repeat 'script. No doubt when I speak to the Chemist again tomorrow they will, I'm sure, not see it that way.

As I have such long term health prob's my GP tends to give me plenty of the stuff I need so as I'm not spending a fortune on the 'scripts, and I don't run out, but I've now paid best part of £16 and still not got enough to last

Hey ho it's only my health.

Gary M.

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 16:44 #4 

takestock
Get an annual subscription for your meds, paid monthly as direct debit out of your bank account it is around £10:50 per month. anything over 1 item per month your on a winner ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 18:07 #5 

dattrike
Or hurry up and reach 60, it's free prescriptions then :grin: :grin:

Sent from my GT-P1000

Posted 06 Oct 2013, 18:44 #6 

Borg Warner
Success. Now have a full months worth.

I'm getting there Dave, will be able to retire too.

Gary M.

Posted 08 Oct 2013, 14:31 #7