ZT Drivers Seat Back Removal by JakeWilson

JakeWilson
After 401mims of swearing and cutting my hands to ribbons, I'm asking for help.

I've bought some electric, mem, heated leathers for a zt, However I want to swap the cushions and covers off of the 190.

I've got the base off ok on the drivers seat, just can't get the back off! Froggy's how to has been helpful, however his is for mk1 seats that have a removable back.

Any help much appreciated!

Best,

Jake

Posted 08 Jun 2011, 13:55 #1 

Duncan
Are the seat covers soft backed then? My Mk1 has a solid, removeable back, and I know some ZTs have this too.

On my Mk2, the back is sewn to the sides and front so it comes off as one. There are a couple of strings that come through slots in the foams and clip onto the metal frame.

To take it off, you start to fold it back on itself, a bit like peeling a bannana without splitting the skin, obviously. You can then get at these strings and unclip them as you expose them. ow you can't just do this all the way up, as the cover is fixed to the foam, but you can get it far enough up to unfasten it. It then just lifts up, while easing the foam around the side airbag.

This all assumes it's the same as my Mk2 75 that is!

Posted 08 Jun 2011, 17:57 #2 

JakeWilson
Thanks Duncan,

The seats fitted are mk2 zt full leather buckets.We want to take the cushions and covers off and fit our trophy blue monacos to the frames as they are electric, heated and memory and out zt covers and cushions are like new.

Apologies for any typos, I am working off of my phone!

Posted 08 Jun 2011, 18:56 #3 

Duncan
If they aren't like my 75 leathers, then I can't really help. The workshop manual only talks about the ones with the separate hard back.

Maybe some photos of what you can see will help us to work it out between us?

Posted 08 Jun 2011, 19:04 #4 

JakeWilson
Some images here that I captured before it went dark - they're rubbish i know!

This is the seat I want to disassemble:

I've undone 2 of these at the bottom of the seat:

Posted 08 Jun 2011, 21:42 #5