Yorkshire Meet. The secret is out by takestock

takestock
It has been almost 9 month since we lost Eve White, devoted wife of Actros ( Brian ).
One of our clan commented that it would be nice to have a mommento to look at to remind us all of this quite charming lady.
For the last 8 months we have been working towards this day. A group of around 20 of us all donated to the cause each donating what their circumstances would allow, we also spoke to others who attended Eve's funeral, some travelling quite some distances to be there. They readily contributed to our fund.

After what seem like an age of negotiating with the park rangers and the makers and special thanks in-particular to Tatts (next door) who made frequent visits to look in on progress, today we completed our objective.

It was quite funny that everyone who was in attendance today knew the actual reason for the visit, except Brian. :),

Anyway enough from me, Thanks to everyone who donated to the cause and everyone who attended, the look on Brians face when he realised was one that shall live with me for a long time, and the tears were inevitable :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 18 May 2013, 14:52 #1 

bopperbrian
That is so nice....

Posted 18 May 2013, 15:15 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
A fitting memorial for a lovely person, well done to all concerned.

Posted 18 May 2013, 15:15 #3 

raistlin
Well done to all who saw this through to the conclusion. I only met Eve once but that was sufficient to know what a wonderful lady she was.

Not at all surprised to see that you had a hand in such a thoughtful gesture Dave.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 18 May 2013, 16:20 #4 

Trebor
Thats a very moving and magnificent gesture from all concerned, I met Eve a few times and she always seemed to have a smile to give
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 19 May 2013, 07:04 #5 

JohnDotCom
Eve was such a lovely lady who I had the pleasure to meet and chat with many times. A True Lady.
Well done Dave and to everyone else who helped and contributed.

I did love those Yorkshire meets.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 19 May 2013, 10:52 #6 

kandyman
Well done to all that made this happen. :clap:

Posted 19 May 2013, 17:21 #7 

1gp
very nice , god bless her...

Posted 19 May 2013, 20:16 #8 

Jürgen
Well done! Eve has been such a lovely person.

Posted 19 May 2013, 21:43 #9 

Samarkand
Well done to all involved and present. Eve was a very nice lady and Brian is a very nice chap too :)
Majed
I miss you a lot Samarkand!

Posted 20 May 2013, 20:04 #10 

starbug2
A nice thing , i heard in passing that it was a possible idea but never heard any more ...well done on those who did it

Posted 21 May 2013, 14:44 #11