West Midlands - Motors and Music by PaulT

PaulT
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 13 Apr 2012, 21:46 #1 

carlpenn
Thanks for that Paul. It was nice to see many Motors that my Family have owned over the years and at the same time sad to be reminded of many things, the demise of MG Rover, how unloved and forgotten these great British Cars are today etc. I have owned 14 different cars in my Lifetime, only 2 of those where not built here in Britain. Those where a Toyota and a Volvo, more amazing and something I never realised until this week after chatting with a workmate, out of the 12 British Cars I owned only one was not built by Austin Rover (rover) / MG !! That was my Triumph - I never even gave it a second thought until I was chatting with a Workmate lol.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 13 Apr 2012, 23:22 #2 

Duncan
Triumph was part of the group as well at some points. Built at Canley, which later became a design and engineering centre where Rover 75 design was started off. Also where I started as a trainee.

Posted 14 Apr 2012, 12:02 #3 

PaulT
Duncan wrote:Triumph was part of the group as well at some points. Built at Canley, which later became a design and engineering centre where Rover 75 design was started off. Also where I started as a trainee.

Also occassionally built at Speke - the less said the better :cry:
Paul

Posted 14 Apr 2012, 16:20 #4 

Tourerfogey
And of course HE was there. HE being the man responsible for bringing the British car industry to its knees for his Communist Political agenda.

Posted 14 Apr 2012, 19:35 #5 

PaulT
There are a number of leaders of men who have led them to oblivion. They must feel incredibly proud.
Paul

Posted 14 Apr 2012, 20:36 #6