Ultimate remote by Howie666

Howie666
Hello folks,
I bought an ultimate remote kit from another member of the OC the other day. The receiver box is beige in colour and has four little box thingies inside it along with the screw terminals. I was wondering if this box would work with automating the powerfolds to open and close with the lock/unlock function?
If it will work, please may I inquire as to what modifications need to be made to the powerfold switchpack to make it work?
Many thanks. I look forward to a new world of convenience and automation!

Posted 21 May 2014, 20:36 #1 

raistlin
What you have bought does not sound like an Ultimate Remote kit :(

From your description it is a four channel receiver.

Unless I've misinterpreted your post :)

You don't need anything other than a relay and four diodes to make the p/f move when locking or unlocking but you do need to modify the switchpack.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 21 May 2014, 20:51 #2 

Last edited by raistlin on 22 May 2014, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

Howie666
raistlin wrote:What you have bought does not sound like an Ultimate Remote kit :(

From your description it is a four channel transceiver.

Unless I've misinterpreted your post :)

You don't need anything other than a relay and four diodes to make the p/f move when locking or unlocking but you do need to modify the switchpack.

Thank you. I don't think you've misinterpreted at all! I received the transceiver, a remote fob with four buttons and a sliding cover, a set of wires, a piggyback fuse holder and a printed set of instructions for closing windows, opening the boot and locking the doors.
I was mainly interested in getting the windows to close when locking the car and remotely opening the boot like the facelift cars do! I was also interested in getting some new struts and the auto opening spring kit to make it open properly!
Is there a 'how to' on this please? (in particular the switchpack modification).
Thanks again. :)

Posted 21 May 2014, 23:10 #3 

raistlin
OK,

So you've got a remote setup. It sounds like one of the el cheapo versions that are available on fleabay. With that you can't get the P/Fs to fold and to close / open the windows, you need to keep one or other buttons pressed. On the Ultimate Remote it happens automatically. You can enable remote boot unlock with the receiver you have as it is merely a matter of shorting a BCU (Body Control Unit) wire to ground.

You have a PM :)

EDIT: Apologies for my use of the word transceiver in my previous post. I did, of course, mean receiver but I was proof-reading some training notes for work at the same time and got somewhat mixed up :lol:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 22 May 2014, 06:05 #4