The nano-meeters' nano-meet by raistlin

raistlin
Owing to the popularity of the West Midlands nano-meets, the hard core of nano-meeters never seem to get time to sort their own cars out :lol:

SO, today we had a nano-meet to sort our own cars out, originally planned for Teddy Bears Nursery.

Luckily, with the forecast (which turned out to be true) of frightful weather, Bernard played a blinder and arranged for us to invade a commercial unit, complete with light and power and of course dry and relatively warm :)

Not only that, he also arranged for a barbecue so food was forthcoming throughout the day.

I'd like to thank Bernard and his team for providing us with a terrific and hospitable venue :)

In fact, on the way home there was a pleasant aroma of barbecue in the car... then I realised that was me. I'd been smoked as well :)

Personally, the jobs I had lined up didn't get done, one, because I already had a twin-set of horns fitted and didn't realise it and two because like a donkey, I got a solar panel to fit on the rear shelf... forgetting that I had a rear-window blind :(

However, Between us, Duncan and I determined that VeeKay did, in fact, have the complete traction-control loom in situ, which sort of made my day :)

AND, we finally fixed the electrical gremlin on Rob's car. See Rob, you only had to wait two or three years to get it sorted :lol:

Absolute superb day, and as you might imagine, a heck of a lot of work got done.

Convoyed to Pershore, which was good but on the way back, it started to snow. Now, I don't know about anybody else, but I certainly took a lot less time getting home than I did going ;)

I know Rob took one or two pictures and I'm hoping they'll be available for all to see shortly :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 10 Feb 2013, 20:09 #1 

Duncan
Can I add my thanks to Bernard, excellent venue, excellent food. And it was good to get some time to ourselves as it were, in my case to sort out some T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) issues I'd been wanting to resolve for over two years. Having a decent touch screen PC for the T4 is a dream.

Good to see all the usual suspects, and we will all be refreshed and ready for the full event late March.

Posted 10 Feb 2013, 20:19 #2 

Wolves 75
Yep very good day, good few jobs got done that would not have at a Public Nano, good to see every one after the Christmas break....

Cheers to Bernard for sorting the venue out and lets hope this place does not burn down lol

Posted 10 Feb 2013, 21:23 #3 

Bernard
Thanks to you guys for making the journey and it was a pleasure to host the meet. My thanks go in turn to my ex-colleague Jason who let us use the new unit and to my Godson, Boyd, who did all the cooking. I can't believe the amount of food that we ate but I did hear the comment from one of the residents that "Anorexia seems not to be a problem with the 75ZT group" I haven't a clue what he he was getting at. :-?

Let's hope that this venue will be available again to us in the future.
I don't like signatures, they take up too much screen space.

Posted 10 Feb 2013, 22:01 #4 

Trebor
More pictures on the nano website " mini nano " page

Its been a while since the last meet and i had forgotten how good they are and how much i enjoy them and the company, bring on the next
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 10 Feb 2013, 22:04 #5 

takestock
Wish I could have made this one chaps, Paul mentioned it when we were at Russ's last week, just unable to fit it in , looks a great place :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Feb 2013, 07:33 #6 

Bermudan 75
Mothers eh! trust her to have had me on the same day as a mini-nano :(

Here's to the 24th March.

Mike

Posted 11 Feb 2013, 17:24 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Nice to see that a lot of jobs got done on your cars Boys as you know by now it rained here all day wished i could have made it hopefully i will be around for the next one if i have finished all the decorating i have to do, needs must or orders carried out i should say ;) but at least when the spring arrives and summer i can kick back knowing all my home work as been done like agood little boy that i am :lol: some great pics thanks for sharing cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 11 Feb 2013, 17:37 #8 

woolleysox
Great day out even with the weather Thanks to the guys I now have my Powerfolds fitted. Thanks to Bernard & Jason for the use of the unit and not to forget the man that fed us Benards Godson Boyd .As Trebor said bring on the next one .
Woolleysox

midlandsnanomeets.co.uk

Posted 11 Feb 2013, 19:31 #9 

Trebor
Dont forget my help in fitting them powerfolds Rob
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Feb 2013, 19:53 #10 

Bermudan 75
For Paul:
You had said previously that you were not impressed with the horn on Veekay, however you discovered that she already had the twin horns fitted. So were both of them working?

Mike

Posted 11 Feb 2013, 20:02 #11 

raistlin
Yes they were Mike.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 11 Feb 2013, 20:12 #12