Tesco Insurance Fiasco - yes, I'm having a rant. by Tourerfogey

Tourerfogey
I'll try and make this brief

3 months ago the insurance for one of our dogs was due for renewal. The renewal notice clearly stated that the cover for Public Liabilty was £0. It should have been £1,000,000. Other half phoned them and they said to the effect 'Don't worry we know it should be £1,000,000 and you are covered but all the pet insurance policies are going out wrong - it's a problem we've had since NOVEMBER!!!!!!'.

Quite correctly Mrs Tourefogey insisted that she wanted it in writing. This was promised, not received, promised again and again, and not received. Eventually however we did receive the written confirmation we wanted and we were assurred that steps were being taken to correct the problem internally.

Now, 3 months later we have received from Tesco's the renewal for our other dog and guess what? It says the Liability Cover is £0.!!!!! So here we are 3 months later and still Tesco have failed to correct a simple problem. The supervisor she spoke to said, 'we are aware of the problem but it only affects policies for Male dogs and Female Dogs...' WHAT OTHER SORT OF DOGS ARE THERE FOR CHRIST SAKE??

How many times will we need to phone for a letter of confirmation this time I wonder?

Posted 16 May 2011, 14:43 #1 

Jürgen
"We do have a minor glitch within our system. We will solve this issue asap. Please ask again in about three years time. Thank you for your cooperation." :mrgreen:

Hmm, three month and not fixed yet. I don't believe that customer care is on their agenda. How do they do their business?

Posted 16 May 2011, 15:50 #2 

Zeb
Tescos own the planet, so why should they care?

Posted 16 May 2011, 16:36 #3 

Duncan
Sometimes having a rant is a good thing! The other alternative is screaming and that doesn't work too well over t'internet!

Posted 16 May 2011, 21:12 #4 

SpongeBob
Tesco value public liability insurance, obviously :lol: :gmc:

I do like the "male and female dogs only", I'd love to hear them clarify the "other" types of dog they have on record.... :roll: :lol:

Posted 16 May 2011, 21:49 #5 

PaulT
SpongeBob wrote:Tesco value public liability insurance, obviously :lol: :gmc:

I do like the "male and female dogs only", I'd love to hear them clarify the "other" types of dog they have on record.... :roll: :lol:

Could be where they have lost their bits - ouch
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 17 May 2011, 06:08 #6 

JohnDotCom
Or they come from Middlesex. :lol:
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 17 May 2011, 07:10 #7 

Bermudan 75
James has a green dog...... :thumbsup:

Posted 19 May 2011, 14:38 #8