T4 Diagnostics by greenymick123

greenymick123
Hi Folks, just purchase a t4 Laptop, anybody know where i can get a diagnostic Lead to fit from or has anyone got one for sale......

Posted 13 Mar 2014, 22:04 #1 

Trebor
Aside from the lead do you have the rest of the kit that goes with the laptop, as a laptop on its own will not do the job
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 14 Mar 2014, 13:52 #2 

greenymick123
No, unfortunately just the Laptop..........

Posted 14 Mar 2014, 18:54 #3 

Trebor
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 15 Mar 2014, 10:16 #4 

Duncan
greenymick123 wrote:Hi Folks, just purchase a t4 Laptop, anybody know where i can get a diagnostic Lead to fit from or has anyone got one for sale......

You probably need to look at what you were sold, and see if you can return it as being mis-described. As I said in the earlier thread, a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System) laptop is basically any old laptop. The software is in itself, no use without the special black box and leads, which are the expensive things (running at several hundreds of pounds). The black box is actually the key, even the cables don't help without it.

Was it an ebay purchase? Do you have the item number to see how it was described?

EDIT:
I see there's a seller with a number of these for sale on the bay. It does say there are no leads with them, but doesn't explain it's therefore just any old laptop. Personally I wish there was a way of warning people, because I can see he will get plenty of buyers paying over £100 for a £50 laptop thinking it's something more.

Mick, perhaps we can put a sticky thread somewhere on the forum?

Posted 15 Mar 2014, 13:55 #5 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Duncan wrote:
Mick, perhaps we can put a sticky thread somewhere on the forum?

See t4-laptops-for-sale-on-ebay-beware-of-no-use-t7246.html#p67973

Posted 15 Mar 2014, 14:10 #6