Stupidity... crass stupidity by raistlin

raistlin
A friend of ours was pulled over by the Police in Chelmsford yesterday for not displaying a tax disk.

Apparently, because the ANPR confirmed her car to have the correct VED paid, she was "Let off with a stern warning".

She was further informed that "those vehicles with valid tax disks MUST display them until they run out".

As if the Police aren't, generally, held in low esteem already :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 09:57 #1 

PaulT
Obviously, the Home Office needs to issue information to Police in the form of pictures.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 10:15 #2 

Mick
(Site Admin)
I would like to think I might have insisted they issue a ticket or whatever used to be the penalty. ;)

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 10:51 #3 

Trebor
Well i didnt know that an existing tax disc has to still be displayed so thanks for the info, my diesel was taxed last month and still has 5 months left on the disc, as for the police well what a waste of time !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 11:32 #4 

PaulT
Rob it does not. You can legally remove it.

Pauls friend should make an official complaint
Paul

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 11:54 #5 

Dave
PaulT wrote:Rob it does not. You can legally remove it.

Yup, it's official!

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-tax-changes

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 12:11 #6 

raistlin
Trebor wrote:Well i didnt know that an existing tax disc has to still be displayed so thanks for the info, my diesel was taxed last month and still has 5 months left on the disc, as for the police well what a waste of time !

Sorry Rob,

I didn't make my point clear... which was, the man in the street seems to have a greater grasp of Statute than at least one Police car crew in Chelmsford.
Paul

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 12:42 #7 

raistlin
Mick wrote:I would like to think I might have insisted they issue a ticket or whatever used to be the penalty. ;)

Now that might well have been my reaction ;)
Paul

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 12:44 #8 

PaulT
Paul

Posted 02 Oct 2014, 19:51 #9