Unbelievable Stupidity on the roads by carlpenn

carlpenn
This morning I drove my son to school, normally on a dry clear morning we would walk, but today we took the car. I was astounded to see three drivers on the road with less than 75% of their windscreens clear, This was on a 2 mile round trip :evil: . One driver had simply scraped a "peephole" to see out of, leaving the majority of the Windscreen frozen over, along with the door windows all frozen over. This idiot probably never even gave a second thought to the fact he / she was a moving death threat, esdpecially to Cyclists - as not being able to see the near side they would have no indication as to what is there. The second driver had managed to clear half her windscreen, but still lacked total visibility from the Passenger side of her vehicle and side windows, again total idiocy.

But the pillock of the day award has to go to the driver of the Y registered Mercedes Van who was tailgating me on my drive home, Flashing his lights for me to let him pass as he was clearly in a rush. His windscreen was so frozen over I could not see him :evil: , so how on Earth this dipstick could see me was a very worrying question.

My wife has, this week alone, attended 3 Fatal Road traffic incidents. Idiots like these three are the reason why.
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 09:23 #1 

Zeb
If only Darwinian law won out....unfortunately these cretins tend to take far too many 'innocent' people with them in their search for the hereafter...and leave an awful mess for the emergency services / families to sort out in the process :(

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 09:41 #2 

SpongeBob
Another eegit can join the ranks of those above.

Van driver on his mobile phone failed to take a right hand corner ( probably didn't see it until it was too late). Consequently he gouged the wing/tyre on some railings which are still bent with sharp pointy bits of metal jutting out now. :(

Add to it that it was freezing temperatures and possible icy road conditions and you do have to wonder where some people leave their brains when they get out of bed in the morning. :roll:

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 12:34 #3 

RRobson
the other thing that really annoys me (other than people not clearing all the windows) is the same people who dont clear their lights! how an i supposed to see someone brake in front of me when theres an inch of snow on their brake lights? yes, the heat from the lights will eventually melt the snow off, but for 5-6 miles before it gets any heat to the snow they might as well have no brake lights...
Tools available to local members

Injector removal tool
Auto gearbox pressure test tool
Vis tester

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 16:42 #4 

Bermudan 75
I believe it is illegal to drive with your lights, number plates, etc obscured by snow and mud etc. I also believe that not clearing the windscreen of any obstructions is also an offence. This would include snow from the roof that could slip down onto the windscreeen when you brake.

Am I correct?

Cheers

Mike

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 16:51 #5 

JohnDotCom
Under various different sections of road traffic act is does indeed state that on "commencement" of journey to ensure windows and lights are clear and clean and free of obstruction, your numberplate should also be readable.
But.....
We also use to have a properly run Police Traffic department with many vehicles and officers,
That also is now a think of the past!
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Nov 2010, 17:50 #6 

Ragman
See rule 229 of Highway code

Tosser of the day was the Rover 75 tourer driver that pulled out in front of me in mt 3.5tonne van on a major A road, that was nothing more than compacted snow about an inch thick - about a foot of snow on the roof, no windows cleared, and about a 6inch square patch on the windscreen cleaned to see through - you may not have seen me, but luckily for you and your family I saw you!!

Posted 04 Dec 2010, 01:29 #7 

Bermudan 75
Have you noticed how many people, and a lot of women especially, use the offside passenger door to load items and children onto the rear passenger seats? The have the door wide open and obstruct traffic on narrow roads.

Question: Why don't they use the nearside where you have the safety of pavements ?
Answer: They are too lazy and inconsiderate to other road users to do so.

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 09:30 #8 

Zeb
Rover418275 wrote:Have you noticed how many people, and a lot of women especially, use the offside passenger door to load items and children onto the rear passenger seats? The have the door wide open and obstruct traffic on narrow roads.

Question: Why don't they use the nearside where you have the safety of pavements ?
Answer: They are too lazy and inconsiderate to other road users to do so.

But surely it takes MORE effort to walk around to the offside door in the first place? :confused:

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 14:30 #9 

JohnDotCom
I would suggest as drivers door that side it makes it easier for them as a whole?
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 10 Dec 2010, 14:58 #10