Sat 19 Oct 2013 Midlands Nano Meal by Jürgen (Page 2 of 3)

Jürgen

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 11:40 #21 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Was it this one Rob
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant ... gland.html

Great variance in recommendations

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 11:40 #22 

Bermudan 75
Trebor wrote:there is a very popular eating place in Bentley Bridge near Wolverhampton whose name escapes me but who charge a set price and you fill yer boots until you burst, I have been there and the food is excellent.

Well that's all very well for you saloon geezers filling your boots but what about us Tourers? :gmc:

:cheers:

Mike

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 14:56 #23 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Rover418275 wrote:
Trebor wrote:there is a very popular eating place in Bentley Bridge near Wolverhampton whose name escapes me but who charge a set price and you fill yer boots until you burst, I have been there and the food is excellent.

Well that's all very well for you saloon geezers filling your boots but what about us Tourers? :gmc:

:cheers:

Mike

Fill yer loadspace

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 15:23 #24 

Trebor
It was Cosmos Jürgen, well found from Germany and i couldn't think of the name just a few miles down the road from the place, put me to shame !

Anyway what do you all think , despite a couple of negatives on trip advisor the rest appears good and i have no intention of spilling food down my best dress !

As i said when i went it was good and on Saturday night its £15 each , eat as much as you like.

We could always go back to the Kings Repose in Featherstone, thats a nice indian meal as we found out last time and if everyone likes Indian food that maybe the best bet
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 18:33 #25 

raistlin
We went to Cosmos a while back. Walked in and straight back out again :( Incredible noise, suffocating heat ridiculously cramped and the clientèle were behaving like pigs at a trough.

Can only speak of experience on that one occasion though.
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 19:37 #26 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Trip advisor is 70/30 in favour but, reading between the lines, the busiest times are much as Paul describes. Perhaps during the week is less frenetic. As we are on a Saturday night out I would vote for the quality Indian style restaurant. My days of going to a restaurant/ eating house mainly for the "atmosphere" for atmosphere read trendy, noisy, hot, indifferent waiting staff, are well and truly over.

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 19:51 #27 

Trebor
Looks like the Kings Repose then and the food is excellent so shouldnt be any complaints, just need the numbers so please comfirm your attendance so i can get an idea of numbers as again booking is necessary
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 20:04 #28 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Jürgen
Mick
Trebor
Devilish
Raistlin
Jupiter
Rover418275 ? Not clear.

Any Plus One's?

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 20:14 #29 

Trebor
Thanks for doing that Mick, i think we will be ok for a few more days to see jf we get any more takers and i will book at the end of the week
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 07 Oct 2013, 22:25 #30 

Jürgen
Trebor wrote:Looks like the Kings Repose then and the food is excellent so shouldnt be any complaints

OK, let's go for this option then.

Posted 08 Oct 2013, 11:43 #31 

Trebor
Looks like a possible 7 so will book for 8 later today, it does get busy so early is good like last time, is 6.30 good ?
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 13 Oct 2013, 08:33 #32 

raistlin
Sorry chaps, I was only ever provisional but now I definitely can't go :(
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 13 Oct 2013, 09:13 #33 

Jürgen
Trebor wrote:is 6.30 good ?

:thumbsup:

Posted 14 Oct 2013, 12:34 #34 

Trebor
Table for 6 booked for 6.30pm on Saturday 19 October at Kings Repose, if anyone else wants to join us please let me know as I can always increase the booking

http://www.thekingsrepose.co.uk/index.asp?textpage=home
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 14 Oct 2013, 16:02 #35 

Bermudan 75
Sorry Rob, can't make this one unfortunately :(

Cheers

Mike

Posted 14 Oct 2013, 16:47 #36 

Trebor
Rover418275 wrote:Sorry Rob, can't make this one unfortunately :(

Cheers

Mike

No problem Mike, thanks for letting me know
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 14 Oct 2013, 21:11 #37 

Trebor
now attending:
Jürgen
Mick
Trebor
Devilish
Jupiter

but room for more
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 14 Oct 2013, 21:12 #38 

Jürgen
Rob, I didn't noticed this ...
Jupiter wrote:Should arrive by 7 pm.

... when I posted that ...
Jürgen wrote:
Trebor wrote:is 6.30 good ?

:thumbsup:

So maybe we should amend the booking, unless Jupiter could be there at this time, too.

Posted 15 Oct 2013, 12:46 #39 

Trebor
Ok i will pm him and sort it, watch this thread for updates
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

Posted 15 Oct 2013, 19:57 #40