Rover 75 MG ZT Handbrake Compensator Modification by Arctic (Page 1 of 3)

Arctic
(Trader)
For Sale/Exchange.
I have the stainless steel handbrake modified compensator this will not stretch and is very reliable, it will give your car the handbrake it deserves.

This is a sale/exchange as i will need your old compensator back once you have fitted the stainless steel modified compensator, it would be very helpful if this could be finalised within a ten day period of you receiving the part.

The cost of this part and service is £23.70 including P&P i will also include a return slip and a label with my full name and address which you can use to return your old compensator back to me.

If you wish to obtain the Stainless Steel Modified Compensator for your car please send me a PM and i will forward the necessary details on to you, they are posted out either the same day or the next morning to you with a returns slip and a label with my address on, once received and fitted please return your old compensator back to me this is most appreciated.

Also new members who would like the stainless steel compensator I must ask that you have at least posted 50 times with good justified posts, ie tech questions and or answers on the club.

The theory being that if you are willing to post good questions and or answers you are less likely not to return the old compensator to me after fitting the SSC, this seems to work so I will leave it in place.

Also please take on board that I like a 7 to 10 day turn round on these from the day you receive the modified compensator.

The cost of a new compensator from Rimmer Bros is £15.25 with VAT and postal costs which are no longer available from them,and would only stretch again over time and you will be back to square one.

Please only purchase if you can and intend to return the old compensator as i am not asking for a deposit but going on your trust as a member of this club.

Once you have emailed me i will email you back with the PayPal details i will accept cheques but you must understand i can not post out until the cheque as passed, you can also pay by postal order.

PS if you find it maybe hard to keep to the ten day turnround please email me and let me know so we can work something out together, i will also send an how to fit with the email or you can click the link below.

Kind Regards
Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 11 Jul 2013, 01:25 #1 

Last edited by Arctic on 16 Sep 2014, 11:16, edited 1 time in total.

starbug2
i'll be wanting one when i next get the car done as only just passed the mot....

Posted 10 Aug 2013, 05:56 #2 

Grahamric
Hi Arctic,
I would need to fit one of your modified compensators,
My e-mail is grahamric@googlemail.com,
Regards,
Graham

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 18:50 #3 

chaseink
HI Arctic, I would like to say a big thank you for all your help and information.

Cheers,
Marc
(chaseink)

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 18:57 #4 

JonL
Hi Artic
I too need one of your compensators - but need it asap due to an MOT issue :o)
Paypal is good for me
my email is jon.langmead@live.co.uk

kind regards
Jon

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 17:25 #5 

Antonio
Hi Artic
I would also like to fit this compensator been quoted 225 £ to change hand brake cables

Regards Antonio new member

Posted 18 Oct 2013, 21:55 #6 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Antonio wrote:Hi Artic
I would also like to fit this compensator been quoted 225 £ to change hand brake cables

Regards Antonio new member

Welcome to the Forum, I have PM'd Arctic pointing out your post, just in case he misses it.

Posted 18 Oct 2013, 22:11 #7 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Anthony / Jon.
I have picked up your messages after Mick sent me a PM cheers Mick :hail:

Do not for any reason pay that sort of money to have an handbrake compensator fitted when you could do this job your self, or if you came to mine i could do it for you, i have sent you both an email and PM cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 19 Oct 2013, 02:57 #8 

moonstone75
Hi Arctic; I'd like a compensator in stainless please, Mot is looming. Could you mail me payment details.Kind regards Alex.

Posted 22 Dec 2013, 15:30 #9 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Alex.
Pm and email sent regarding the Stainless Steel Compensator, also cheers Mick for the heads up Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 23 Dec 2013, 01:00 #10 

moonstone75
Thanks Arctic, job done, car will not move after three clicks. Serious carpet wrestling needed to do this but once I was prepared to get rough with it all went well. Post Office in the morning to return old compensator to you, thanks again Alex.......

Posted 05 Jan 2014, 16:31 #11 

Carino David
Hi Arctic; I would like a compensator. Could you mail me payment details.Kind regards David. david_cox1919@yahoo.com

Posted 11 Jan 2014, 12:49 #12 

Arctic
(Trader)
moonstone75 wrote:Thanks Arctic, job done, car will not move after three clicks. Serious carpet wrestling needed to do this but once I was prepared to get rough with it all went well. Post Office in the morning to return old compensator to you, thanks again Alex.......

Hi Alex
Glad to hear you now have a good handbrake, yes those carpets can be trouble if you let them tow pieces of wood will help if you are doing the job on your own, i received your old compensator back Saturday cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 Jan 2014, 02:20 #13 

Arctic
(Trader)
Carino David wrote:Hi Arctic; I would like a compensator. Could you mail me payment details.Kind regards David. david_cox1919@yahoo.com

Hi David
I have sent you an email and i can get you one sent out with the other 3 i am posting out Monday Morning cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 Jan 2014, 02:22 #14 

paul_gillett
Lovely piece of kit, great service. Thanks, Arctic.

Posted 18 Jan 2014, 17:31 #15 

Alan5028
Hi Arctic,I'd like a stainless steel compensator,can you mail me details
Thanks alan

Posted 19 Jan 2014, 21:53 #16 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Alan
I have sent you a couple of PM messages and a email are you getting them cheers Arctic
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 27 Jan 2014, 13:52 #17 

Nichoid
Hi Arctic, I sent a PM but must have gone into the ether. I own a MG ZT-T and would like to buy a stainless steel handbrake
compensator. I will pay by Paypal/Credit card or whatever and return original as requested. Many thanks
Ian Nicholls (forum member Nichoid) email xxx Deal Kent Tel xxx

Edit by Mick:- email address and tel no removed. Arctic has a note now.

Posted 11 Feb 2014, 14:24 #18 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Ian
PM sent with regards to the above I will also contact you by your email personally I would remove that along with your phone number, to save unwanted emails and calls, cheers Arctic

:hail: :hail: To Mick thank you for the nudge been running around like an headless chicken the last few days trying to catch up with odd jobs, and fending off a cold appreciated ;)
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 12 Feb 2014, 01:20 #19 

Nichoid
Wonderful service and product. Handbrake works like new now. Thanks Ian

Posted 21 Feb 2014, 11:08 #20