Retrofit an FBH? by Thack

Thack
Hi,

I'm new to owning a 75, and after a few teething troubles I'm really getting to like mine.

It's a 2003 diesel Conny SE and comes without an FBH (Fuel burning heater.). How feasible is it to retrofit one? Is there a step-by-step guide anywhere?

I have searched the forum already but it came back with 200 results. I've done my best but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Many thanks,

Steve

Posted 11 Jun 2012, 19:57 #1 

Mick
(Site Admin)
This will give you an overview. xpdfdocuments/engineandtechnical/FBH_Explained.pdf We don't have a know how document with install instructions but many members have done the job successfully. One of them will be able to assist.

Posted 11 Jun 2012, 20:19 #2 

Duncan
It's certainly feasible, and one of the easier mods. Prompt me to give a better explanation tomorrow as it'sbedtime right now!

Posted 11 Jun 2012, 21:46 #3 

Suffolk Man
i have fitted x2 need any help give us a shout

Posted 19 Jun 2012, 22:14 #4 

Falcon Flyer
Hi Thack, Thankfully my car came with an FBH, but I helped someone retrofit one a while back. Pretty easy, as the wiring loom is already present. If you can rob one from a scrap car in its entirety than its a mornings work. Its EASILY the best feature on the car, IMHO!
The only 75 with a non-factory fitted, factory fitted sunroof!

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 06:58 #5 

Trebor
Yes you can retrofit without much difficulty, but dont forget you need the fuel pump aswell as the fbh
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 11 Jul 2012, 17:40 #6