REMOTE LOCK/UNLOCK STOPPED WORKING by JDP

JDP
I had a flat main battery on Boxing Day though remote key fob was working. AA installed new battery and key fob still working. On 9 Jan when I went to the car I found remote key fob did not work at all. AA called again and it was found that new battery was dead. They recharged it and I have driven the car since then, BUT the remote lock/unlock does not work. I have tried at least 5 different resync methods suggested to me without success.
Should I disconnect main battery, though afraid to do that because just found out that I do not & never did have the radio security code. But if battery was so dead on the 9th, how come radio still working but key fob is not?

Posted 11 Jan 2013, 16:02 #1 

takestock
does sound like a battery off reset is the next option :( If you have had the battery changed then it is more than likely your radio doesn't need a code, if you have built in Sat nav you should follow the correct shut down procedure for the unit in the boot that system certainly does not a ve a radio code.
End of the day you have to decide what action to take.
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Jan 2013, 16:10 #2 

JDP
Though the handbook says I do have a radio security code!
I do have inbuilt SatNav, but no mention of shutdown procedure in the book. I'll take a look tomorrow when it is light. Thank you.

Posted 11 Jan 2013, 16:17 #3 

takestock
If you have the same setup as my sig pic with the Yv screen then you will not have a radio code, ( it is known as a hi line set up) shut down procedure is to open bonnet, drivers door and boot, observe the red light on the sat nav unit, when the light goes out ( couple of mins) then it is safe to disc the battery. Leave the battery disc for around 30 mins. This is not a guaranteed cure you still may need to have tha car hooked up to the correct diagnostics machine ( called a T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System)) but this is a free try :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 11 Jan 2013, 18:08 #4