Remote keys not working by carlpenn

carlpenn
After fitting the replacement manifold, I refitted Battery etc and went to lock the car using Key Fobs, neither of them are working, both Keys have Battery power, the Batteries are only 12 months old.

Could it be the ECU (Engine Control Unit) has forgotten them? As the Battery was off for a good 12 Hours?
Upgrades:

Fitted Electric Memory Seat, Leather Cubby Lid, Wood Dash, Message Centre.

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 16:00 #1 

JohnDotCom
It shouldn't forget them, but I recall there is a system top "re sync" them in the owners manual.
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 16:25 #2 

kandyman
If I remember right to re sync the keys you had to push the lock and then the unlock button 4 times on quick secession.

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 17:05 #3 

raistlin
kandyman wrote:If I remember right to re sync the keys you had to push the lock and then the unlock button 4 times on quick secession.

That agrees with the instructions in my owner's manual Andy :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 17:08 #4 

JohnDotCom
Thanks guys, a long walk to my car at present. ;)
John

"My lovely car now sold onto a very happy new owner.
I still love this marque and I will still be around, preferred selling to breaking, as a great runner and performer"

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 17:11 #5 

carlpenn
Thx all.

Just tried the above with both Keys seperatly and nothing :-|
Upgrades:

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 17:24 #6 

Duncan
I've had the battery off for weeks before now, and never had to resync, so supect something else.

Could it be for some reason it thinks the drivers door is open? Not sure about 75s but other cars just plain ignore the lock button if drivers door is open. Did you try the unlock button and watch the blinkers?

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 19:22 #7 

carlpenn
Duncan wrote:I've had the battery off for weeks before now, and never had to resync, so supect something else.

Could it be for some reason it thinks the drivers door is open? Not sure about 75s but other cars just plain ignore the lock button if drivers door is open. Did you try the unlock button and watch the blinkers?

You could have a point there Duncan, the drivers door was already unlocked when I reconnected the Battery and once the Battery was reconnected all the other doors auto unlocked. Should I try disconnecting the Battery and then reconnecting after 10 Minutes or so see if that resets the Lock?
Upgrades:

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 19:35 #8 

Duncan
Maybe switch on the ignition, and try the central lock button in the centre (with the doors closed).

That may sort out the confusion.

Otherwise try locking and unlocking with the key in the door then try the remotes again?

May be worth a battery reset?

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 19:38 #9 

carlpenn
I have done what you suggested Duncan I have also reset the Battery and no joy :(

How wierd is this? :shock:
Upgrades:

Posted 29 Jul 2010, 20:06 #10