Rear Blind Retro Fit by Chartermark (Page 3 of 3)

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi Andy
I will muck in if you like should be there around 11.00 if not sooner and yes i have remembered the clocks go back :thumbsup:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 29 Oct 2011, 22:50 #41 

kandyman
Arctic wrote:Hi Andy
I will muck in if you like should be there around 11.00 if not sooner and yes i have remembered the clocks go back :thumbsup:

That'll be great thanks :) did't want to ask to much as your already fitting my hand break mod for me.

See you in the morning guys.

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 00:26 #42 

raistlin
Rain stopped - things drying up nicely - sun attempting to come through :)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 09:33 #43 

TyphoonTT
Was hoping to make it up, but my youngest is feeling unwell. :(

Hope all goes well.

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 11:54 #44 

Duncan
Hope things went well. Been up to my eyes all day so sorry I couldn't make it!

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 17:46 #45 

raistlin
The weather ended up perfect :)

My street was swamped with 75 and ZT cars :)

Several jobs got done, including the original job which was Martin's powered blind.

Andy decided to try the "Milk Float" mod ;)

Thanks to all who turned up and in true nano-meet style, got stuck in and as a result got a lot of work done.

Guess which numpty wired up the passenger door powerfold wiring wrong :( Not to worry though, got it sorted out in the end :lol:

I think it was a good day :)
Paul

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 18:16 #46 

TyphoonTT
raistlin wrote:
Guess which numpty wired up the passenger door powerfold wiring wrong :( Not to worry though, got it sorted out in the end :lol:

I think it was a good day :)

You'd never catch me making a mistake like that Paul. :whump:

Glad it was a successful day. Sorry to have missed it.

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 18:24 #47 

Arctic
(Trader)
First and foremost may i say a big THANK YOU to Paul & Marion for letting us all congregate at their abode and laying on the refreshments, ie coffee, tea, bacon sandwiches, mince pies which i must confess tasted really scrumptious not forgetting the fruit then even more cakes later in the day first class hosts.

The weather held out for us all to get a few jobs sorted out Martin's(Chartermark) Blind which what this meet was about Andy's(kandyman) power folds by Paul & David which both i was only a viewer of, we also tried to work out why Rob's(trebor) 190 was ticking over so fast but failed to find the reason we thought it maybe down to one of the Vis motors :confused: sounded like it was sucking in air from somewhere, sorry Rob the tail pipes did not fit will get them sorted out for you.Fraser managed to get his mirrors changed after one was broken at the last meet (teddybears nurserey) also got his wheels changed on tourer now as some Mirage wheels on, not to much for me to do today just Andy's handbrake mod on the limo which had plenty of room to work on thanks fraser for your help with it, so an easy day for me really and just one plenum changed and the (mod of the day Anchor belt covers to Martins car ;) :thumbsup: :lol:) so was able to have some good conversation with the good company there, ie Mike (Rover418275), Martin, Paul and the rest of the chaps. So all in all a thoroughly enjoyable day, again many thanks from me and Gail all the best until we see you again in the future Arctic

Andy's limo below so much room in the back as Mike pointed out all Rover 75's should have been this size. Andy hope your journey back home was ok and will have a look for the door handle tomoz for you.

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 19:58 #48 

Trebor
another good day in good company but never mind the cars, them mince pies were ace, Mr Kipling has nothing on Marion !

Seriously thanks to Paul and Marion for the venue and hospitality, and great to do some more jobs on our motors, found out that one of my vis motors is kaput and still cannot work out at the moment why my tickover is so fast on idle at about 1000rpm, sorry you coudnt make it Ben hope your youngest is now feeling better
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 20:27 #49 

Mad-Monkey
Cracking Day!! Thanks Paul and Marion for the hospitality! Weather was ace, all the jobs seem to have been done, and it was good to see everyone!

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 20:35 #50 

Bermudan 75
Many thanks to Paul (Raistlin) for hosting our little mini-nano-meet. Marion's catering was excellent and the mince pies were devine.
Chartermark (Martin) should be arriving home by about now so He will soon be on here to tell us how he found his improved lighting. We may have to wait a little bit longer for a report on his new rear sunblind, well it was dark when he left...
Trebor(Rob) had his new shiny red ZT on display, although we think there may be a snake hiding under the bonnet with that hissing sound.
Monsterness(Fraser) came with one set of wheels and after disappearing with Artic (Steve) for a couple of hours went home with 2 sets, and a replacement set of mirrors.
Kandyman (Andy) had powerfolds wired up, despite the best efforts of MGR to thwart us in this endeavour his lovely limo now has the ability to 'wave' at other 75s.
Monk (David) and Paul together sorted out the mystery of the 'missing' connectors for Andy's powerfold wiring. Andy also had the handbrake mod courtesy of Artic.

Finally.........The prize for the most satisfying work done on the day goes to.................................Marion! Supreme min-nano-meet mince pie maker :clap:

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 21:11 #51 

kandyman
Evening all,

I finally made it home after all the road works and traffic jams on the M6/M1 and the M25.

I would like to say a thank you to everyone who was there today as I think all of you had a part in working on my car at some time during the day :)

A special thanks goes out to the wonderful Marion for keeping the tea flowing and the treats coming, and many thanks to Raistlin/Paul for hosting todays event and working on my car.

Even I had fun today helping to fit Chartermarks electric rear blind "Twice".

Posted 30 Oct 2011, 22:25 #52 

raistlin
Erm... I thought you might like to know that a member of the community suggested to me today that I should organize another mini nano-meet at my house but missing out on the car fixing and going straight for the main event.. mince pies :lol:
Paul

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 19:35 #53 

JakeWilson
raistlin wrote:Erm... I thought you might like to know that a member of the community suggested to me today that I should organize another mini nano-meet at my house but missing out on the car fixing and going straight for the main event.. mince pies :lol:

I like their thinking, could you let me know a price posted for some to Germany please so Jürgen and I could have a European meet at the same time? :-p

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 19:52 #54 

Jürgen
A central European mince pie meet, Jake?

I like that idea. :D

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 20:41 #55 

Trebor
count me in, worth travelling for and i know cuz i have tasted one !
Robs Pictures at :

Robs Car Gallery

click below to access nano website

Planning is an unnatural process, much better to just get on with things, that way failure comes as a complete surprise instead of being preceeded by a period of worry and doubt

Posted 31 Oct 2011, 22:16 #56