Proposed meet venue. Comments welcome by Rammie

Rammie
It would appear that I am getting the "bug" for attending meets. :roll:
With that in mind I would welcome everyone's thoughts on a proposed meet at the following venue.

DONINGTON PARK RACE MUSEUM, CASTLE DONINGTON LEICS.

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/pages/m ... useum.html

I have been in touch with them regarding this and they can offer the following facilites:

Coned off parking for all attendees.
Cafe
Gift Shop
Museum (discounted entrance fee) More info on the above link about the museum.
Open from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Toilets etc.

Unfortunately, we would not be able to use the track (sorry all you boy racers!) :gmc:
Although there are opportunies to drive around using their Driving Experience, at a cost.

What would help is knowing how much interest in this venue from members there is, so a reply would be appreciated if we want to proceed, as it would help if they knew some numbers etc.

Most dates are available and I was considering 16th, 17th, 23, 24 October 2010 as possible dates.

I don't believe that these dates clash with any other meets but I'm sure someone will let me know.

:cheers: Brian
Brian

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 10:34 #1 

MrB
I would certainly be interested Brian

Looks a cracking day out.
Chris
Member No. 143
Mods so far: LED sidelights, interior lights and number plate lamps, Rover Xenon Headlights, Kenlowe Fan, Synergy 2 and EGR Bypass

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 14:13 #2 

JakeWilson
:D :D

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 15:04 #3 

Last edited by JakeWilson on 16 Sep 2010, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.

Zeb
I like this idea Brian...sounds good to me.. :D

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 19:23 #4 

Rammie
MrB wrote:I would certainly be interested Brian

Looks a cracking day out.

Well, that's you and me then Chris ;) :lol:

Having spoken to them they are very interested in having us there and the Museum is a very good look see too.

I do think I will put a proper meet thread up, but I do have a lot going on, personally, at present so it might have to wait for a week or so when I return from my 2nd honeymoon!! ;)

But thanks for giving me a clue.
:cheers:

Also posted on the Club Forum
Brian

Posted 16 Sep 2010, 19:23 #5 

starbug2
24/25 Th would be best for us , not that far from me for once ;)

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 18:45 #6 

Rammie
Hi Steve,

That would be a better date for me too, probably the Sunday 24th I think but I am concious that there are other meets planned and I don't want to step on any toes!! :roll:

As I mentioned, I possibly won't post a proper thread until I get back on the 27th but I'm sure it would be a great venue (always supposing anyone turns up!) :gmc:
Brian

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 19:50 #7 

starbug2
Rammie wrote:Hi Steve,

That would be a better date for me too, probably the Sunday 24th I think but I am concious that there are other meets planned and I don't want to step on any toes!! :roll:

As I mentioned, I possibly won't post a proper thread until I get back on the 27th but I'm sure it would be a great venue (always supposing anyone turns up!) :gmc:

at the mo i'm free that weekend . don't know what else is on but then i don't know a lot :gmc: :lol:

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 20:16 #8 

Mick
(Site Admin)
Go here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1863 for meet details and to add your name to the list

Posted 17 Sep 2010, 20:58 #9 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.