October Nano-meet by raistlin (Page 1 of 5)

raistlin
After the success of the last Nano meet at the Four Ashes in September, and following requests by members to arrange another asap we have settled on Sunday 16 October.
This will be a one day meet only and we are revisiting one of our old venues at:

The TeddyBears Nursery,
Long Lane
Great Wyrley
Walsall
West Midlands
WS6 6AT

Since we last held a meet there a new clubhouse has been built which opens on 1st October but I am not sure if it opens up on a Sunday morning or will have any available refreshments so I am already working on plan B which is:

Breakfast:

For those that want to meet up for breakfast we can go to a local truckstop before the meet gets started say at 9am.

Meet:

Starts at 10am – 10.30am – finishes not much before dark usually.

Lunch:

Hot pork baps/cobs/ whatever they are called in your neck of the woods will be provided for lunch from chez Trebor

Afternoon:

Hot mince pies again from chez Trebor

The tea urn will be on all day fired by a genny and I will provide tea/coffee/milk/biscuits for you to help your selves as and when.

I will be asking for a contribution to the cost of the food and drink etc from those who attend which is the normal arrangement when we meet at this venue but i will only be recovering my costs not making any profit, depending on how many turn up £3/£4 should cover it from each member attending

Weather:

We cannot guarantee so will have gazebos to put the cars on to work under if we need to.

Car Park:

The area where we normally work on the cars has been completely untouched by the development work so we will be in the usual place.

Gates:

I expect the usual arrangement of me taking the padlock off the entrance gates but keeping them shut so as not to get any unwelcome visitors, so when you arrive you may need to open the gates and close them after entry.

If there are any more developments I will keep you posted on this thread.

If you are coming please post on here and say if you want to be included for breakfast, then nearer the day once we know numbers we can sort out a meeting place.

Attending;

Rob (Trebor) (Brekky)

Paul (Raistlin)

PaulT (Possible)

David (Monk)

Mark (markd3) (Brekky)

Andy (psicobra)

Ian (Badlad)

Stephen (Starbug2) Possible

Duncan

Bernard (Probable)

Mike (Rover41827)

Nick (MoreTvicar)
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 05:30 #1 

Last edited by raistlin on 15 Oct 2011, 14:36, edited 9 times in total.

takestock
Tis a little far for a single day for me chaps, my apologies, hope you have a good day :)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 06:03 #2 

PaulT
Paul

Are dogs permitted?

Paul
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 06:16 #3 

raistlin
PaulT wrote:Paul

Are dogs permitted?

Paul

Yes, provided they can wield a spanner :lol:
Paul

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 06:48 #4 

Last edited by raistlin on 26 Sep 2011, 07:26, edited 1 time in total.

PaulT
raistlin wrote:
PaulT wrote:Paul

Are dogs permitted?

Paul

Yes, provided they can weild a spanner :lol:

Sorry, she is useless with a spanner - but is a superb welder.

Hope to be there - however, in the process of selling and buying a house and will hopefully exchange very soon so this may mean that we are frantically packing and cannot go out to play.
Paul

That apart Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 07:21 #5 

Mad-Monkey
Pencil me in, I doubt I'll make breakfast though! Will be there for 10.30 though :)

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 14:30 #6 

raistlin
Will do David
Paul

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 14:43 #7 

mark d3
hoping to be there going to see if i can get corin to sell me the rear screen chrome surround and clips as its soaking in the boot and i have eliminated everything else so could do with some guidance on fitting,what times brekkie?
mark

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 18:50 #8 

raistlin
mark d3 wrote:hoping to be there going to see if i can get corin to sell me the rear screen chrome surround and clips as its soaking in the boot and i have eliminated everything else so could do with some guidance on fitting,what times brekkie?

Not sure about fitting the screen Mark but brekky seems to be 09:00 ish
Paul

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 19:04 #9 

mark d3
cheers paul its not the whole screen just the surround and clips,hoping to be there for breakfast will pay my 4 quid or so when i see you or rob there
mark

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 19:07 #10 

raistlin
OK Mark, I'll annotate the OP accordingly :) There is usually an honesty box for the food payments.
Paul

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 19:08 #11 

Duncan
Rear screen trim just clips in, so long as the clips aren't broken. However that in itself doesn't provide any kind of seal. If it is leaking from there, it will need some work on the screen itself. That is NOT a Nano job. Getting one out is no big deal. Applying the adhesive for the replacement is NOT fun. It makes cleaning an EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve) look like a clean room job.

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 19:13 #12 

mark d3
Duncan wrote:Rear screen trim just clips in, so long as the clips aren't broken. However that in itself doesn't provide any kind of seal. If it is leaking from there, it will need some work on the screen itself. That is NOT a Nano job. Getting one out is no big deal. Applying the adhesive for the replacement is NOT fun. It makes cleaning an EGR look like a clean room job.

that would be typical of my car it dont play up that often but when it does.....i have water running down the rear quarter into the wheel well,over the 3,1/2 years i have owned the car,i have tried everything so one day i had liz lock me in the boot(she was tempted to leave me there)and spray the boot,lights,etc with water it took a while but it run down the rear quarter,so at the brecons meet (wyn eurorover next door)said the clips on the screen can leak?sounds like its the rear screen instead?there is evidence the rear screens been replaced at some point as i found glass in the boot/under the rear seat,but it must have been a while ago as the screen still has paramount rover written on it suggesting the main dealer done the repair
mark

Posted 26 Sep 2011, 19:34 #13 

psicobra
looks like i might be able to make it Fingers crossed

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 16:50 #14 

raistlin
psicobra wrote:looks like i might be able to make it Fingers crossed

Look forward to seeing you Andy :) OP annotated.
Paul

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 17:25 #15 

Arctic
(Trader)
HI Paul.
I will be there with plenums, lidl covers,and some compensators of which one as your name on it :thumbsup: am also doing trebor's Robs a few more have taken interest too cheers Arctic.
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 29 Sep 2011, 22:45 #16 

raistlin
Arctic wrote:and some compensators of which one as your name on it.

Cheers Steve :D
Paul

Posted 30 Sep 2011, 06:27 #17 

BADLAD
I will do my best to get there. Don't know what time, but will bring tools again. 80 - 90% chance of being there at some point though, Walsall is nearer for me than 4 oaks.
See you all there!
Ian.

Posted 03 Oct 2011, 17:02 #18 

raistlin
OP annotated Ian :)
Paul

Posted 03 Oct 2011, 17:55 #19 

Arctic
(Trader)
BADLAD wrote:I will do my best to get there. Don't know what time, but will bring tools again. 80 - 90% chance of being there at some point though, Walsall is nearer for me than 4 oaks.
See you all there!
Ian.

Great we will have a few handbrake mods to do might get our record broke :thumbsup: see there Ian also tools in hand :clap:
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Oct 2011, 02:26 #20