Nano-meet weekend 16 / 17 April 2011 by raistlin (Page 9 of 15)

Duncan
BRG ZTT wrote:Hi Guys -will be at the meet and hoping someone might be able to help me with a problem I'm having with a rear door lock.
Once locked with fob will not unlock with fob nor with key in door, nor with interior lock/unlock button. Only releases manually from inside. Also, does not lock with speed locking.
Any suggestions (about the lock!) greatly received!
Tony (Ben's Dad!)

Unfortunately, it's probably the lock unit itself, and they aren't repairable. They seem to suffer from problems with the motors. The one I took apart seemed to have too much grease around the motor that was affecting it.

It might be a problem with the wiring. If so the most likely place is in the door connector, but you'd need someone who is good at getting doors off and putting them back on. Hopefully someone will be at the Nano that can do that. ;)

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 21:10 #161 

TyphoonTT
Thanks Duncan. Much appreciated. Dad's just gone home so will let him know. I'll happily pull his doors off. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll try and get another lock in time too.

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 21:21 #162 

DeuxGazoles
Be careful letting him do that.........your door will probably unlock when the other 3 lock by the time he's finished :lol: :lol: :gmc:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 21:24 #163 

TyphoonTT
I would argue with that comment, but after me fitting my powerfolds last time . . . . . . . :whump:

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 21:32 #164 

DeuxGazoles
TyphoonTT wrote:I would argue with that comment, but after me fitting my powerfolds last time . . . . . . . :whump:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Geordie Jeans! they're nice & tight especially roond the arse

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 21:35 #165 

raistlin
Odd that the majority of the symptoms point towards the unlock solenoid but it also exhibits a problem with speed locking :confused:
Paul

Cogito ergo sum... maybe?

Click the image to go to Nano-Meet Website

Posted 02 Apr 2011, 22:03 #166 

Duncan
raistlin wrote:Odd that the majority of the symptoms point towards the unlock solenoid but it also exhibits a problem with speed locking :confused:

The same motor does lock and unlock, and a second does the deadlocking:

From unlocked to deadlocked uses just the deadlock motor.
From deadlocked to locked uses the dealock motor only.
From locked to unlocked uses the lock motor.
From unlocked to locked (like driveaway locking) uses just the lock motor.

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 08:44 #167 

takestock
The motors in these locks are the same as the VIS (Variable Intake System). motors, only with a different drive cog. useful if you need to change the brush assy on your VIS. motors ;)
Photobucket = Tossers

Dave....

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 08:48 #168 

Duncan
takestock wrote:The motors in these locks are the same as the VIS. motors, only with a different drive cog. useful if you need to change the brush assy on your VIS. motors ;)

yes, though I couldn't see any way to open one up without destroying it. Useful for motor bits as you say.

It might be that operating it back and forth a number of times would get it warm enough to remove the contaminant.

My rear door sometimes doesn't unlock on the first try. Lock again and unlock again and it's fine, will continue to work all that day. This is the second one that's developed the same symptom, too.

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 11:22 #169 

TyphoonTT
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll get one off ebay and try that save pulling the door off. :mrgreen:

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 16:26 #170 

BRG ZTT
Hi All!

Thanks for all your input re my door lock problem - all greatly appreciated! With your help and that of my Technical Advisor (a guy called Ben) I'm sure the challenge will be met and overcome!

Thanks
Tony

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 20:04 #171 

Merl
BRG ZTT wrote:Hi All!

Thanks for all your input re my door lock problem - all greatly appreciated! With your help and that of my Technical Advisor (a guy called Ben) I'm sure the challenge will be met and overcome!

Thanks
Tony

Hi Tony, good to see you on hear but sorry to hear about your problem :(

Your Technical Advisor sounds like he won't give up until it is sorted and with the heklp on here will know he will ;) I can't offer any suggestions though as useless at things like that! but sounds like it is covered :)
Martin

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 21:32 #172 

Merl
Duncan I was speaking to Nick and he has pointed out to me that ZT seat covers for the rear seats have a zip on and don't have the pull zip bit (zipper?) and you need a special tool or a zip bit off a pair of trousers that will fit.... As that has not been mentioned and I have not checked the seat covers yet as they are stored in the garage and I won't get to them until later on I thought I would ask if we are prepared for this or should I start looking for a zipper? just in case!!

Cheers
Martin
Martin

Posted 03 Apr 2011, 21:36 #173 

Duncan
Merl wrote:Duncan I was speaking to Nick and he has pointed out to me that ZT seat covers for the rear seats have a zip on and don't have the pull zip bit (zipper?) and you need a special tool or a zip bit off a pair of trousers that will fit.... As that has not been mentioned and I have not checked the seat covers yet as they are stored in the garage and I won't get to them until later on I thought I would ask if we are prepared for this or should I start looking for a zipper? just in case!!

Cheers
Martin

To be honest, never even thought about the rears, which is a bit daft.

I've not done rears, and certainly don't have the tool. I'm guessing it's the seat squab (backrest) that has this. I seem to remember seeing it on a 75 as well now you mention it.

Might be best to see if you can get something.

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 07:04 #174 

Arctic
(Trader)
Duncan wrote:Sounds like we might need a few of them the way this is going. Stand for working on seats. Stand for the T4 (Testbook version 4.Computer Diagnostic System). Stand for cutting boot floor panels......

On that subject, I've been trying to think of a suitable trolley / stand for the T4. I have the proper trolley but it's in the loft and is too big and heavy for bringing to meets. I did look at folding tea trolleys, but think they would be too low, and the wheels would be no good for the surfaces.

So while we are sorted for this meet, anyone any bright ideas on something suitable, and cheap?

Hi Ducan
How about someting like this a PC trolly from argos central post extends mind the wheels maybe not suitible for grass. and not really cheeps maybe something made up like this ?

http://tinyurl.com/3zjzhwn

Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 12:14 #175 

Arctic
(Trader)
Hi How about a golf cart or trolly as such below on flea bay. and getting it adapted
loads on flea bay i even think i saw one recently at my local charity shop ? Arctic
http://tinyurl.com/3u3yzml
Pearl Firefrost
ARCTIC

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 12:45 #176 

Duncan
OOh, some food for thought there. Golf cart has some plusses: big wheels, three contact points for stability, foldable for transport too.!

My first impression was it would be hard to modify, but as I think about the idea is growing legs. Thanks

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 17:51 #177 

Merl
Duncan wrote:
Merl wrote:Duncan I was speaking to Nick and he has pointed out to me that ZT seat covers for the rear seats have a zip on and don't have the pull zip bit (zipper?) and you need a special tool or a zip bit off a pair of trousers that will fit.... As that has not been mentioned and I have not checked the seat covers yet as they are stored in the garage and I won't get to them until later on I thought I would ask if we are prepared for this or should I start looking for a zipper? just in case!!

Cheers
Martin

To be honest, never even thought about the rears, which is a bit daft.

I've not done rears, and certainly don't have the tool. I'm guessing it's the seat squab (backrest) that has this. I seem to remember seeing it on a 75 as well now you mention it.

Might be best to see if you can get something.

Woohoo after searching for a proper tool that I didn't know he name of... I found I had a zip the exact same size!! and even better had 2 sliders on!!! I say had as they are now removed ;)

Just have to remember to bring the sliders with me now.... have attached them to my spare key....
Martin

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 19:02 #178 

Mad-Monkey
Evening chaps, I won't be able to make the morning, but I'll be back in the Midlands for about 11ish so all being well I'll aim for 1pm! Hopefully before, but something usually holds me up!

Posted 04 Apr 2011, 21:49 #179 

TyphoonTT
Hi David. Will be good to catch up with you again. :thumbsup:

Posted 05 Apr 2011, 21:30 #180